Horse People Make Me Laugh

GTs

Visit site
They will condem others doing something and then write a paragrpah to justify why they need to do it and insist they know what they are doing, whether it is using spurs, a strong bit, sedating, etc.

Just makes me laugh!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
It is to make sure we are getting the right message across and to stop people thinking we are bad horse owners. I suppose it is to justify ourselves and not so much everyone else. I do it a lot I think.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I see your point Iain, but I do it alot. Not sure why, suppose I feel that if I dont people will get the wrong end of the stick. Any how- justification or none, they are my horses and my ways work for me.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I do agree with you and im going to try and stop doing it i just dont like people thinking that im doing something I shouldnt be doing before I have told them the full story. Do you understand??

dingle12

Visit site
yes i do understand and if you want to put things it up to you, i just think there are alot of young people on here that think they have to justify everything and there are a few bullys that just attack people.

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
yeah very good we have to admit that we are not right all the time and need to learn from other people dont we. I mean after all everyone has different knowledge to learn from and help with different situations etc. it doesnt make you a nice person if you think you know it all does it.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yep I always feel like I am going to get ripped to shreads with what I post some days, and back up my words. But other I just think, to hell with them, like when somebody gashed my for trotting on roads for longer than five minutes or whatever. I dont need to justify that to anybody, why should I have to?

Tempi

Visit site
i always explain myself as otherwise people jump down my throat, its not how it should be, but on here some people are too ready to throw out the criticism to others.......

Dogbetty141

Visit site
What is wrong with trotting on the roads for longer than 5 mins?

People do criticise a lot you have not got to forget that all horse are diff and some things work for one horse and some things for another horse??

dingle12

Visit site
as i said there are alot of bullys about if you want advice you will ask for it, also there are a few people on here not so friendly out saying that there are alot of friendly ones out there. is bertha ok now rosiie?

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yes she is fine thankyou, little monster found her way out of the field yesturday, I was livid, until I found her in my tackroom with her head in the carrots
smirk.gif

Tia

Visit site
I get the feeling it is because they are insecure and don't really know whether what they are doing is right.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I agree with the others that people are too quick to jump to assumptions on this forum without knowing the full story so you feel you have to explain yourself so that you dont get shot down.

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
I don't think this is limited to horsey people. I've seen very similar things done on car forums, IT forums etc.

Basically most of us just like to chat about our horses etc but there are some people who only seem to want to lurk and pick people up on every detail of what they post. They often then proceed to crucify the poor newbie who dared not to read ahead into what tirade may await!

That results in most of us covering all bases before we dare speak! It is similar on yards/at work too in reality, if you don't think before you speak the bullies will always be ready to pull you to pieces!

Hence I started my own forum which some may consider less "open" as anyone nasty is not welcome. There are plenty of places where it can be open season, but I want to be able to chat without choosing every word - shame I had to make my own to find it.

Btw, I haven't found H&H to be one of those nasty places. I'm new here but people have been nothing but welcoming
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
It is not really justifying what people do that makes me laugh - it is the fact they condem others doing it, and then justify why they are the exception.

ginnyspinner

Visit site
On my yard peolple say one thing to you and something else behind your back. There is a lot of jealousy in the horse world.....It is better to smile and agree and then go and do what you know is right. I have taken so many things to heart in past years, but now am getting older and wiser so take it all with a pinch of salt. I have enough knowledge and experience to know my own self, but also realise that you never stop learning....
My horse is awkward and difficult, but no-one knows him better than me, if i had listened to what so called experts had said, he would have been passed on to a dealer months ago.
Be true to youyrself and your horse.

L

lilym

get a life!! you really do think you are so f -ing perfect don't you?????? YES!! i f- ing well sedate my mare for leg clipping, ON ADVICE OF MY VET WHO FEELS SEDALIN IS THE WAY TO GO AS IT TAKES HER DOWN ENOUGH WITHOUT THE NEED FOR IV. HE, INCIDENTLEY, HAS BEEN I PRACTICE FOR OVER 25 YEARS AND HAS EXPERIENCE, AS WELL AS BEING A GOOD HORSEMAN. and i put my case on here, not to justify myself, but to say to people that sedation is not as evil as everyone is making it out to be.

GTs

Visit site
WOW, someone is uptight tonight. The reality is do what you want with your horse, you are the one who has live with it. It is just so rewarding to see horses progress and nice to have well behaved horses.

I suggest you speak to Patches - she is the one who has done so well this past year working with her horse. Her horse used to rear even while twitched at just the sight of the clippers, now she is being clipped, albeit slowly and a bit at a time, but how great is that for them?

L

lilym

i suggest yourget your head down out of your [****] as it is now so far up that you are in danger of seeing your tonsils. i have been reading your posts over the last few months and i am getting fed up with the way you berate people and try to make them look stupid, not to mention your downright rude and upsetting posts, or your strange not making any relevant sense posts, i am truley fed up with your arrogance and your "holier than thou and better than everyone else" attitude, you seem to think you kbnow absolutley everything, well wake up in the real world you, don't. if you want to be a succeful vet you will need people skills, something you come across on here as sadly lacking.........