Horse PTS after falling from a moving trailer

mini_b

Visit site
I have just read that, how awful :(

It doesn’t bear thinking about - I’ve heard horror stories of them going up and out the front/back flaps if they’ve got turned around.

Reactions: TPO

Mule

Visit site
Very sad :(
I knew someone years ago who had something similar happen. The ramp of the box must not have been properly secured and there wasn't a bar behind the horse. When the ramp fell open the horse fell out on the road and had to be pts.
I always double check the ramp before driving off because of it.

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
That's devastating. It reads as if the horse was unaccompanied with no owner or transporter in sight. Had they not realised the horse had jumped out and just carried on. How horrendous to get to your destination and see the poor horse missing.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
How dreadful.

I knew of a pony which turned round and jumped out of the rear of a trailer. The owners didn’t realise and carried on driving. That pony had to be PTS too.

I am still wary of travelling a horse without a partition after that, even when it is cross tied.

FFAQ

Visit site
I have a Renault master van conversion and my mare stumbled and knocked the ramp. One of the bolts busted and i could see the ramp start to pop out. Luckily I was really close to home and all was ok but it really scared me! My van is booked in to go for some serious reinforcements before we next travel.
Poor pony and poor owner ?