(horse related) pet peeves...

welshpony216

Visit site
What are yours?

Mine are...
>those little tiny bits of poo when I muck out the stalls that are impossible to get all of.
>stains on saddle pads and light colored riding pants and shirts (at formal events and lessons, when your just fooling around, cleanness is impossible, but at clinics and shows, having dirt all over your pants is a little disrespectful)
>dirty tack and boots. (especially bits and saddle pads!)
> people that think there hair is more important than their brain. (therefore not wearing a helmet)
>Seeing beginners (at a riding school) riding horses with strong(ish) bits, strong nosebands, and/or martingales
>People x-country (and showjumping) schooling their horses with out a ground person
>people who let there horse paw and lay down in the water element when schooling x-country without doing anything (imagine what's happening to the footing!)
>baggy clothing, sneakers, open toed shoes in a horse area
>shirts that aren't tucked in.
>kids under 12 wearing tall boots (actual tall boots not 1/2 chaps)
>large, bright, or loud colors on kids hair bows.
>people who 'forget' their hairnet x-country
>people who pony club kick when it isn't necessary
>low level dressage horses with white padding on their bridles at a comp.

CMcC

Visit site
What are yours?

Mine are...
>those little tiny bits of poo when I muck out the stalls that are impossible to get all of.
>stains on saddle pads and light colored riding pants and shirts (at formal events and lessons, when your just fooling around, cleanness is impossible, but at clinics and shows, having dirt all over your pants is a little disrespectful)
>dirty tack and boots. (especially bits and saddle pads!)
> people that think there hair is more important than their brain. (therefore not wearing a helmet)
>Seeing beginners (at a riding school) riding horses with strong(ish) bits, strong nosebands, and/or martingales
>People x-country (and showjumping) schooling their horses with out a ground person
>people who let there horse paw and lay down in the water element when schooling x-country without doing anything (imagine what's happening to the footing!)
>baggy clothing, sneakers, open toed shoes in a horse area
>shirts that aren't tucked in.
>kids under 12 wearing tall boots (actual tall boots not 1/2 chaps)
>large, bright, or loud colors on kids hair bows.
>people who 'forget' their hairnet x-country
>people who pony club kick when it isn't necessary
>low level dressage horses with white padding on their bridles at a comp.

That’s quite a list.

Are these kids under 12 or the low level dressage horses or those non-shirt-tuckers in doing it on purpose to annoy you? If not let them get on with it they really aren’t causing any harm. Maybe learn to relax a little.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Doing an extra muckheap run to empty wheelbarrows I didn't fill so I can use them.

Mud.

Unnecessary judgment/snootiness.

Horse adverts with only one picture.

People who put "no Internet trainers" on videos of them doing very clearly stupid/dangerous things.
I hate wheel barrow runs that I consider extras even if they are mine!
This morning i emptied 3 times whereas I normally do 1
MAJOR peeve

holeymoley

Visit site
That’s a large list.

If i was being picky then I don’t like joggers and/or trainers for riding, i think it looks a bit trashy. No offence intended to anyone as we’ve all done it at some point but I wouldn’t expect to rock up to a planned hack out/lesson like that.

Ah and another one. People that don’t sweep outside their stable/ generally tidy up after theirselves. Ie empty water bucket and clog drain with hay dregs... or walk horse out and leave bedding trails.

smolmaus

Visit site
Those adverts with people standing on the saddle of a 3/4/5year old to prove how quiet it is.
Yes. Same ads sometimes feature huge lads on tiny ponies raking them down the road at full speed past a tractor to prove how bombproof them are. Boke.

Sales ads for non ridden recipient mares with no breeding to speak of or mares already in foal also bother me. Breeding for the sake of it.

asmp

Visit site
Mine is the same as the first one on the first post - bits of poo that appear even though you think you’ve mucked out well. I have a box walker on wood chip bedding and he kicks it everywhere ?

mariew

Visit site
Being judged for what I choose to wear to ride my horse!
Lol do you not get painful rubs on your thighs riding in shorts? I am a live and let live person. The only thing that gets my back up us people riding without a helmet or hacking without hi Viz, but that's because that choice impacts on others badly if things go wrong. And snooty or back stabbing/bitchy horse people, which most yards seem to have.

Auslander

Visit site
Lol do you not get painful rubs on your thighs riding in shorts? I am a live and let live person. The only thing that gets my back up us people riding without a helmet or hacking without hi Viz, but that's because that choice impacts on others badly if things go wrong. And snooty or back stabbing/bitchy horse people, which most yards seem to have.
Nope! The inside of my lower leg gets a bit grimy though!

stormox

Visit site
I think I contravene a few of those - especially jumping and XC on my own. Its a pain as you have to get off to put jumps up, but not everyone is able to find a helper, especially these days. And why on earth would it matter to you if someone has white padding in their bridle, or forgets their hairnet.......my horse saddlepad and britches probably have a few stains too - but me and my horse are happy and thats what matters

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Try gettting this fithy beast 'stain free' :p:p:p
She poos and rolls in it and uses it as a pillow.

119710601_3370029919743732_7003175938705415248_o.jpg

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Major peeves, riders at Show Jumping Shows who hit their horses with a crop at each fence, why? Competitors who think it's too hot to wear a jacket & enter the arena wearing a shirt. Next peeve is judges who don't pill the competitors up for doing that & should tell them to leave the ring & come back correctly attired. Liveries who use my equipment without asking. On our yard I don't have any peeves, everything flows along with eaqse.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ok well mine is venues who would rather have riders pass out with heat exhaustion than let them remove a jacket in hot weather, or rather have them freeze on the XC in driving wind and rain rather than allow riders to wear a waterproof! Comfort and safety over appearances 100%!!

But then I have always thought riding attire was overly traditional and stuffy and I wish riding clothing was technical and designed for performance and comfort. Imagine if female tennis players were still expected tro compete in long skirts!

welshpony216

Visit site
those non-shirt-tuckers in doing it on purpose to annoy you?
No, just whenever I go to a competition and people don't have their shirt tucked in...
???...its just such a simple thing to do, ant it shows you have respect for the sport. (or so some trainers and judges told me.) but when I'm schooling or whatever, I could proby count on my fingers how many times I've tucked in my shirt lol.