Horse Rider Insurance anyone?

Boxers

Visit site
We no longer own a horse and daughter is now at Uni. She has joined the riding society there and rides once a week at an equestrian centre. I am assuming (but will check) that she is covered by the centre's own insurance.

However, over the Xmas holiday she may help out with some horses belonging to a neighbour. Also, we have reserved a hireling for the Boxing Day meet. Should I buy some rider insurance to cover her for this?

One policy I saw would not pay out if riding outside of Jockey Club Rules! she's not going racing!

Any ideas? Or recommendations for a good policy?

katherinef

Visit site
We no longer own a horse and daughter is now at Uni. She has joined the riding society there and rides once a week at an equestrian centre. I am assuming (but will check) that she is covered by the centre's own insurance.

However, over the Xmas holiday she may help out with some horses belonging to a neighbour. Also, we have reserved a hireling for the Boxing Day meet. Should I buy some rider insurance to cover her for this?

One policy I saw would not pay out if riding outside of Jockey Club Rules! she's not going racing!

Any ideas? Or recommendations for a good policy?

I have BHS Gold Membership which provides rider insurance.

Petplan also offer a rider insurance scheme.

Shay

Visit site
BHS Gold or Pony Club. But KBIS and PetPlan also both offer rider insurance. Do be sure what you actually want to insure for. You can insure for loss of earnings etcfor the rider if injured but also for third party liability for any damage when the rider is responsible. You might want both, or just one or the other, depending on what other insurances are in place. For example hirelings tend to have their own insurance for accident etc.