Horse Shampoo in the bathroom cabinet

Nicnac

Visit site
If you're referring to Mane and Tail yes. Bought shampoo and conditioner at Liberty's last year. Didn't notice any difference personally and at £7.30 each decided to revert to usual makes!

Was hoping I'd look like Jennifer Aniston; sadly that didn't happen.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
years ago you used to be able to buy a horse shampoo that treated ringworm, I used it as a shower gel for a few days and ringworm went! sadly you can't get it anymore, bloomin EU!!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Has anyone used the amazing horse shampoo on themsleves and does it really work wonders on your hair ?

Well if the celebs do it, I need to give it a try!
Dearer than the normal supermarket brand I buy but lots cheaper than other "posh" brands.
Main n tail need to rebrand and up their prices!

flirtygerty

Visit site
Not horse shampoo, but nearly died laughing at my OH's reaction to my suggestion that he used a touch of silver on his hair, saying it's Harleys, (cob) but I have another, he was horrified at the thought of using a horse shampoo, not realising its human shampoo for grey hair and quite expensive, I did tell him it was for people but not the price. Harley has more hair products than I have

Tnavas

Visit site
years ago you used to be able to buy a horse shampoo that treated ringworm, I used it as a shower gel for a few days and ringworm went! sadly you can't get it anymore, bloomin EU!!

Are but you can get Nizoral which does the same thing - its a human shampoo containing Ketaconisol, I used it as a shower gel when a cute rescue kitten gave me ringworm!

Also works brilliantly on the horse for Ringworm Mudfever, Greasy Heel & Rain Scald.

As for Horse shampoos - I'm not wasting money on that, the moment they add HORSE to the title the price triples - mine are washed with Fructis Sleek & Shine for Dry rebellous hair - works brilliantly and when I run out of shampoo I raid the grooming kit box.

Last edited:

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
I use megatek when I've had a bad spell with my hair .. kinda the equivalent to rug rubs I figure. My flatmate thinks I am very weird but I thinks it's pretty good AND I smell like a pina colada.

bakewell

Visit site
Are but you can get Nizoral which does the same thing - its a human shampoo containing Ketaconisol, I used it as a shower gel when a cute rescue kitten gave me ringworm!

Also works brilliantly on the horse for Ringworm Mudfever, Greasy Heel & Rain Scald.

And athletes foot!

Never the horse shampoo, but my OH accidentally used some Bob Martin flea shampoo I'd left by the bath. It made his hair look lovely.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I don't even buy horse shampoo - what's wrong with Tesco or Asda's own brand apple shampoo? Works a treat! That and fairy liquid for a white tail ;) I did just use horse Coat Shine on the dog... don't think I use many things for the purpose they were intended for!

fatpiggy

Visit site
I only ever used cheap human shampoo with no chemicals to produce body, gloss, shine or anything else, including perfume - I wouldn't use them on myself either. Horses attract enough insects without luring them with orchid blossom odour or whatever!

pennyturner

Visit site
Try Infacare - sold as baby bath for newborns, but as it is the mildest detergent on the market, it makes superb shower gel. Can be used as shampoo or pony wash. For the horse, it does the job without stripping too many of the natural oils out of the coat.

And who doesn't want to smell like a freshly bathed baby?

Princess Rosie

Visit site
I've used mane and tail once when I ran out of conditioner and everyone commented how nice my hair looked, all non horsey people so didn't dare mention what I'd used!

Many years ago I accidentally washed my hair in puppy shampoo (the bottle was on the side of the bath in an almost identical bottle to timotie shampoo) couldn't do a damn thing with my hair all day as too soft and finally realised when I got home! Lol

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Tescos own value shampoo 40p a bottle and brings them up brilliantly even the the appy who is white and likes to lay in his poop so has a green tinge.......:/

3OldPonies

Visit site
There's a bottle of 'Head and Shoulders' here that travels regularly between bathroom and tackroom.

I've got one of those too - don't tell the OH though, it's his bottle!!!!!!!

It's great on P he has sweet itch and it really helps his skin, and keeps the midgies off for a bit as well. Thoroughly recommend it!

Renvers

Visit site
I use megatek when I've had a bad spell with my hair .. kinda the equivalent to rug rubs I figure. My flatmate thinks I am very weird but I thinks it's pretty good AND I smell like a pina colada.

This stuff is the best, did shock my ex when he saw it in my bathroom, he couldn't figure out how or why i would wash the horses in the bath!