Horse shedding like crazy WWYD

mytwofriends

Visit site
I think that's a huge myth. I've clipped whenever the mood took me, his summer coat has never looked poor. I suppose it might depend on the horse, but my cob has never been affected.
I agree with this.

I used to clip my boy in March, just before moulting started, got rid of the lot and it transformed my Aprils! His summer coat was beautiful regardless.

horselady

Visit site
I don't think I want to clip her as I don't want her coat getting too short in case we have a cold snap as she can't be rugged.

Equi

Visit site
I got a cheap sweat scraper that has a serrated edge on the other side. It's like the best shedding tool ever. It's curved so much easier to use than a equigroomer and not so curved like a shedding blade that you can't use half of it. Fab kit! My yak is nearly looking sumery!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Shedding blade all the way - although my boy is shedding so much that all the birds in Somerset will have enough for their nests! I sweep it up straight away and put it in the wheelbarrow destined for the muckheap!

ihatework

Visit site
I'm seriously debating clipping my new grey horse out now!!
I have grey hair everywhere, eugh!
I think the shine on a grey horses coat is less obvious anyway so I kind of assume I'd get away with it if I did clip?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I clipped one of mine out last weekend, just couldn't cope with the hair :eek:. though I think she was thankful judging my her itchy faces whilst she was clipped :lol:.

E30E2BDA-B444-4ACC-B427-885CE6FF0BCB_zps0orp2v5e.jpg

tankgirl1

Visit site
I think that's a huge myth. I've clipped whenever the mood took me, his summer coat has never looked poor. I suppose it might depend on the horse, but my cob has never been affected.

I agree with this.

I used to clip my boy in March, just before moulting started, got rid of the lot and it transformed my Aprils! His summer coat was beautiful regardless.

Oooh thanks I may do it this weekend then! I gave her a bath today just in case the urge to clip took me, don't wan't to blunt my blades!

Achinghips

Visit site
I use a little piece of rubber matting. It's brilliant, better than a shedding tool. One other tip I find invaluable is to lay off the lip Balm and fleece clothing lol

q105

Visit site
Another vote for a furminator. Its amazing, and my boy dozes blissfully while he is furminated!

I have this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deshedding...65931&sr=8-33-spons&keywords=furminator&psc=1

Started off with another brand, the handle broke where the two types of plastic joined. This one has been going for a couple of winters.

This price is AMAZING.... I got the dog one and it cost over £25!!

Mine are both clipped out before Christmas and now virtually bald but STILL shedding, so good old fashioned curry comb and body brush works for me...and naked in the field for a few days to roll it all off...