horse shoes £££££

missyjet

Visit site
hi id just like to know how much you horse owners pay for each of you horses shoes this is a question so i can understand a previous post m
confused.gif
ore

Tempi

Visit site
£76 every 5 weeks, thats a whole new set, she can sometimes get away with having the same ones put back on, but its still £63 with that..........

Ginn

Visit site
Mickey (12.2hh pony) is £30 for a full set and Bigger horses are £50, or £55 with studs. They are all shod every 6 weeks. Tilly is only trimmed as she isnt in work so is only £12 every 6-8 weeks.

If you paid for a ponies shoes in lui of weekly lessons you'd probably save more (but then lessons round here at a rc start at about £15 for 30 mins - much cheaper to keep your own imo!!). If you set aside £10-£12 a week then that should easily cover a ponies shoes.

lynx

Visit site
i used to pay £60 for whole set either with new or old ones put back on. just got new farrier though n will prob be more as he shoes for the likes of Andrew Nicholson!!

allijudd

Visit site
jeez...id better not show our 2 farriers this post...

romans shoes are £52 per set..(he has extremly big feet so mike makes them special)

trim £10
and matt charges £47- £55 dependingon how many he has to do and what the pain factor will be...(havent really got that sort of horses honest!)

matthew

Visit site
OMG just shows how much can change in 4 years! used to be £42 for a new set when i had my own! think i need a few more years saving till i can afford to buy again!

natz

Visit site
£58 for new set, £52 for re-fits. I usualy have new for the sake of £6!!!
Trim used to be £12, but that was about 18months ago when little bro had ponio, prob gone up since then!!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
£47 for a new set (refits are a couple of pounds cheaper)
£1 per stud hole
£12 per trim for the babies & Misty who is retired

jj_87

Visit site
£48 for a smallish horse 15hh with bog standard shoes no studholes or road studs. £55 for a large horse with feet the size of dinner plates with a stud in each foot. A trim is £15

Snowberry

Visit site
I tried a different farrier last week and he charged me £75 for a 12.2 to be cold shod and a shetland to have a trim!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

My regular farrier charges me £30 to be hot shod, and a tenner for the shetland!!!!

vivhewe

Visit site
Mine charges £45 a set and £15 for a trim.

He said last time he was here he should put his price up to £60 because that's what everyone else around here charges, but I can have them for £55!
grin.gif

I get a lot of sh:t off him though so I think I deserve the £5 off! Last time he came he told me I was a man!
blush.gif