horse simulator

Tufty

Visit site
has anyone tried one of these and if so how did you find it, thinking of booking a lesson on one for one of our girls who is a little twisted in her position its only £10 for half an hour - imagine no warm up no tacking up etc - they are about £10,000 to buy , wouldnt it be great to have one in your bedroom to get fit on - if its any good and I win the lottery think I will definitely get one !

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
Where I ride it's £8 for a half hour on real horses... I've got to say I look down on those simulator thingummies D: The only reason I ride is because I love horses, and if you learn on a simulator, I really don't see the point...

pixie

Visit site
Its to learn how to move correctly with the horse, so that you don't inhibit its movement by resembling a sack of spuds on the horse! Apparently its great for learning sitting and rising trot.

the watcher

Visit site
I think they are very good, you can concentrate on your own position without worrying about where the horse is going or collection or any of the other million things going through your mind when riding

flyingfeet

Visit site
Wooden horses are used loads in polo - however they are usually free to use at your club (but generally cobbled together)

Important for polo to practise your shots and great for building up your arm!

fairhill

Visit site
I had a half hour session on one over the summer, and it was money well spent. I'm very one sided, stiff in the shoulders and lower back, and it really helped to loosen me up, and sit in the correct position. I got back on my girl later that day and she was so light because I was sat right. I think I need to go back for another session...
grin.gif

Tufty

Visit site
Its is not to teach her to ride it is just to try and correct her twisted position, as you have said, we could concentrate on her position without worrying about the horse at this stage, surely it has to be worth a try, she will also be riding her own horse - anyway let you know how she gets on booked it for tomorrow night

hellyt1

Visit site
do let us know how it goes, I would love to have a go on a simulator, I assume it is one like Heather Moffatt has, ie it properly simulates the movement of the horses back? unfortunately there aren't any near me that I can find
mad.gif
I think they would be really good as you don't have to worry about pace etc and no problems that you might encounter fidgeting around on a horse to get things right. I would like to be able to sort my canter out on one of these. you can also hire them which is not as expensive as I thought it would be, about £100 for a week I think.

Tufty

Visit site
Its £100 per day to hire the one that canters (a bit OTT for one person) also think you need an instructor with you. If its any good I might consider leasing one long term as a business, will have to do my figures though at £100 day dont think it would make much money !wouldnt it be funny in your back garden, could even do childrens parties etc LOL !

teapot

Visit site
My RS looked at buying one about a year ago. But not enough clients were keen enough to cough up money for it

Only one I've been on is the one at the racing museum in Newmarket and mannnnnn that was fast!

JLav

Visit site
Helly T there's one in Hammerwood near East Grinstead that Michelle Cogger teaches on. Sorry but haven't got a contact number for her but I'm sure someone on here will have. It's about £30 for 1/2hr.

icklechlo

Visit site
iv ridden the simulators when i was at the british racing school, they are v good, but the movement isnt exactly correct, purely because you dont keep the momentumof going forwards, they are odd, v good, but odd!