Horse sitter/ free lance groom needed near Alsager/ Betley

wispagold

Visit site
Hi,

I haven't been in the area very long and I have kept my horse on full livery back in Derbyshire where I am from originally. We are in a position where the opportunity has come up where we might be able to buy a house with land and stabling.

I am worried about finding someone to help me out with my horse on days or evenings when I am not there. My OH is not horsey at all so it is not fair to ask him. I wouldn't be away that often but do occasionally have to go on work conferences over night. I just need someone that could turn out, get in, feed, hay and skip out on the occasional weekend and evening

Can anyone recommend a person I could contact that does this sort of thing?...it is hard when you don't know the area or who you can trust etc.

I am thinking of looking for adverts at Alsager Equestrian centre and tack shop which isn't far away.

thanks

Adopter

Visit site
I have heard people talk about travelling g grooms who are self employed but will cover for you when booked.

You could try an advert in the local tack shops, they might even know someone. Or else ask around local Crewe pony club to see if anyone is interested.

Hope it all works out for you.