Horse Sitters

LadyB

Visit site
Hi

I am going back home to Scotland over Christmas for 5 days (WOO HOO) and am looking for someone to watch my girl for the period, obviously with payment. Does anyone know of a professional service which does this?? And if not does anyone have a idea of how much I should pay the person?? I am moving her to a yard where she can have a stable over the winter so I cant exactly ask someone there to do it as I dont know anyone yet... I booked the flights before I knew I was able to get a stable. Only just found out this weekend, however not able to move her for another two weeks...

Cheers

Lou x

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Do they offer a 'full service' on the new yard? Ask the YO if she would be prepared to do it for you. Otherwise there is a company called Animal Aunts who advertise in all the horsey mags.

LadyB

Visit site
No unfortunately it is only DIY at my yard or I would get her put on full for the weekend.. I will check out Animal Aunts, thanks

tigers_eye

Visit site
I may be able to do some of it - see www.eps-angels.com for an idea of my work. If you are interested pm me the dates and I will give you a quote. I'm not cheap
wink.gif
, and bank holidays are extra... I live in Watford.

filly190

Visit site
I would be tempted to visit the new yard, get talking to folkes and see if anyone is willing to earn a little extra for a few days. I am sure someone will.

Even if you dont know them, there's money on the table and I think you should find a taker.

OWLIE185

Visit site
Most the mobile grooms take Christmas off.
If you are unable to find anyone at your new yard I would suggest that you find a Full Livery yard that could look after her over the Christma Period. There are quite a few yards around Ware. Alternatively try a private yard in the area.