Horse testing new rider out? *vids* and does yours?

Blizzard

Visit site
Or is it just mine that is a total embarrassment!
blush.gif

My friend Hazel came up to say for a few days, the vid below was her first ride on Lance, bearing in mind I said he can be a BIT lazy in the school!
tongue.gif

(gale force winds so may need to turn volume down in first vid)
What makes it worse is the way Lance just looks around enjoying the scenery while poor hazel is practically pony club kicking!
blush.gif
:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4e2...medium=text_url

So I said, well take him for a hack, he is a BIT more forward going...cue Lance galloping off full pelt across a huge stubble field when I said the word canter!
blush.gif
and not standing still for one second!
blush.gif
(vid below) :

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4de...medium=text_url

Lance has a very bad rep, but he is always a good boy for me!

JessPickle

Visit site
Pickle does that sometimes, if a RS client is on him that doesnt make him move from the start he enjoys a good game of statues! And equally he also goes from that to scaring clients if they hack him!

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Pickle does that sometimes, if a RS client is on him that doesnt make him move from the start he enjoys a good game of statues! And equally he also goes from that to scaring clients if they hack him!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at least Im not alone then! I think as soon as you tell someone that your horse is well behaved, the horse then takes it as a challenge to prove you wrong!
smirk.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
I had someone tell me how lazy pickle was and how he wouldnt canter one week, next week after a hack they said they had never gone so fast in their life!!!

LouHardwick

Visit site
poor girl!

Looks like her pedals where a bit too long to get leg on!
so embarrassing when you cannot find the buttons on someone elses horse!!

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lol bless him that was really funny.
Totally oblivious to the rider, didnt look lazy just looked as if he couldnt be bothered
smile.gif

Cheeky boy
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he was def lazy too, once he did get going, as soon as poor Hazel took her leg off he would go back to a walk, or just stop!

He isnt always like that, he can move:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=35b...medium=text_url

grin.gif

LOL you would think the hacking clip was a different horse!

Lill

Visit site
Yes... Blue certainly does, and not always a good result either so after last time i vowed never to let anyone new ride him its more hassle than its worth!

Holly just adapts to her rider really, if you're more experienced she go better but throw in the odd buck or two, if you're a novice/beginner she'll just plod around.

pnap

Visit site
PMSL - that is exactly how I feel on Jack in the school - pony club kicking with no reaction whatsoever. And ditto the "bit" more forward going when out and about. Glad to see I'm not the only one with lazy boy issues.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just saw the other vid.....i wish i had fields like that to hack in!
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We are very lucky, lots of fields, woods and bridleways.
smile.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I had someone tell me how lazy pickle was and how he wouldnt canter one week, next week after a hack they said they had never gone so fast in their life!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! Maybe him and Lance have been talking and swapping tips!
grin.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
the horse i ride when i have my jump lesson is like that........and with short stirrups its even harder! im there kicking and kicking and when i use the whip he bucks!

however put a jump in front of him and he'll fly it!! its just the flatwork that makes me look like a beetroot

*i'll be jumping Frankie soon then i'll have the opposite problem - forward going and backing off jumps
crazy.gif

I rode someone elses horse about 6 months ago and i rode awful.....she got on and he was super
crazy.gif
blush.gif

It is so embarrassing

Blizzard

Visit site
I think Lance's goal in life is to make everyone feel stupid!
grin.gif

Hazel did really well because he is NOT an easy ride at all, and if he doesnt like you, then you are on the floor.
blush.gif

Yes Lance is the same, as soon as you start jumping there is no stopping him, he loves it!
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO - thats never the same horse in the flatwork vid !!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

what a little devil
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I know and that flatwork vid(if you mean the one where he is actually MOVING!) was before Lance had his McTimoney, so he wasnt really working properly, as he wasnt right through his shoulder and pelvis, I guess it just shows that horses like to see what they can get away with when its someone new!
blush.gif

zoesophie

Visit site
Horses are so funny and like you Osc loves to prove me wrong if he has anyone new riding him
smirk.gif

On the flip side I help out at the local RDA. Horses are so well behaved for the disabled riders but if I get on to do a bit of schooling I end up pony club kicking and getting nowhere
smirk.gif

BTW - when is Beau able to come back into work? Cant remember what hes off for now
confused.gif

tabithakat64

Visit site
Fudge you can take novices out on or children on the lead rein without a problem, If you can ride and he doesn't take to you he spooks, bucks and spins til they hit the deck, he's done this 3 times now, it's very embarrassing.

kick_On

Visit site
i think your horse is............. testing

but i don't think it's very flattering on your 'mate', i don't mind a funny story i just personnelly wouldn't have posted vid like this about mate?????????

apart form that funny ditty

itsme123

Visit site
When we went to try a pony the owner told me she was perfectly foward going. I could barely get her to trot, let alone canter.

We took her home and she is foward going, she just likes to test the water lol.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i think your horse is............. testing

but i don't think it's very flattering on your 'mate', i don't mind a funny story i just personnelly wouldn't have posted vid like this about mate?????????

apart form that funny ditty

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Its nothing against her, its Lance that is the problem!

I have said she coped briliantly with him, no one is criticising her.

We have had a good laugh ourselves over the pics and vids and how lazy Lance is, she has a sense of humour!
tongue.gif

The post was about horses trying it on and testing new riders, Lance being a prime example of this.
smirk.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking forward to seeing my vid on here when I have ridden Lance! It will be hilarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL Lizzy!
grin.gif
Well I guess the worst that will happen is that he wont move lol!!
grin.gif
grin.gif