Horse Trailer / Box License

lzbth_w

Visit site
Hi I am 22 years old and passed my driving test 4 years ago.

Can anyone recommend how I can get my license to pull a horse trailer or drive a horse truck.

Thanks

coss

Visit site
Hi I am 22 years old and passed my driving test 4 years ago.

Can anyone recommend how I can get my license to pull a horse trailer or drive a horse truck.

Thanks
search for trailer training in your local area - trainers can usually advise where the test centres are and it's much like your normal driving test

ROG

Visit site
You can tow NOW if only one horse with the right vehicle and trailer

See post number 3000 of the HHO TOWING CLINIC thread - link in signature below

Which county of the UK are you in ?

lzbth_w

Visit site
Thank you both. I'm in Staffordshire.

I only have a VW Polo at the moment - so no chance pulling any kind of trailer with that!

What about driving a small horse van? We only have the one horse but would like to take her a bit further out every now and then so looking into hire of small horse vans.

Thanks again

ROG

Visit site
Thank you both. I'm in Staffordshire.

I only have a VW Polo at the moment - so no chance pulling any kind of trailer with that!

What about driving a small horse van? We only have the one horse but would like to take her a bit further out every now and then so looking into hire of small horse vans.

Thanks again
Some polos have a tow limit of 1200 but most are 1000 limit

If you have one with the 1200 limit then getting a Bateson Derby trailer with an empty weight of 675 would leave a max trailer load of 525

ROG

Visit site
how often do you want to go out with the horse ?

I ask because if only a couple of times a month on average then having a 3.5 tonne horsebox van sitting doing nothing gets expensive when compared to having a trailer parked up