Horse transporters: London to Scotland?

Paddy-Wac :)

Visit site
Does anyone know a good company to take my boy from Surrey to just south of Edinburgh? How expensive do you think it would be at a guess?
Thank you in advance!

Daytona

Visit site
Price depends on how full the lorry is so if u wish to keep cost down wait till he has a full load, mentionit when you ring and they can give you a idea of best time to get lowest price.

cumbria

New User
Visit site
Eric gillie's all the way moved my horse stress free and rested overnight to break journey put me at full piece of mind and he arrived like he'd never left , wouldn't use anyone else.

MagicMelon

Visit site
The biggest transporter up here is Gillies. They are good, but just watch the lady on the phone... she can be downright rude and has a reputation for it! She was quite stroppy with me the one time I used them. I dislike that they refuse to feed hay/haylage in the lorry on the journey as I sent a friends horse off down to London (from NE Scotland) a couple of years back, although they stopped half way overnight I still think say 6 hours is a long time for a horse to go with no food... their lorries are stunning though.

I used a really fab small company about 5 years ago - a husband and wife did it, brought my horse up from Wales and they were brilliant. Fed the horse all the way up, even arrived in a blizzard to bring me my horse which most wouldn't! Horse arrived very happy and they were very cheap considering the journey involved. Shame I cannot remember their name though!

Last edited: