Horse Walker Flooring

jomiln

www.westendfarmstud.co.uk
We are looking to replace the pvc granules on our horse walker and are looking into what to use.

What does anyone else think?

Suggestions made so far are rubber chipping, rubber mats (expensive), sand (quite abrasive) and just had suggested heather.

Would like to hear other people's comments

hollyzippo

Visit site
We have sand and rubber chunks, same as in the school (i'm at livery so didnt pay for it!). its good as nice and soft for oldies or those coming back into work. Ours is under cover tho so needs watering occasionally as gets a bit dusty in barn

My parents have rubber matting but it freezes when damp in the harsh winter so has to have salt put on which is a pain. I'd stick with a soft sand and rubber or chipping surface
smile.gif

icemaiden113

Visit site
Where i used to be they have a concrete based alker, fantastic for hardening legs and fittening but not so good as they go through shoes much quicker, so we used old pieces of astro turf!

Patchwork

Visit site
We have rubber matting - easy to keep clean (at a livery yard so fairly heavy usage), occasionally freezes over but never more than a couple of days a year and generally works well
smile.gif

eventingdiva

Visit site
Two of the yards i work at have walkers with rubber matting. We havent found them to get slippy when wet, but sometimes they do get icey, but tend to defrost fairly quickly! x