Horse Walker

seaview

Visit site
We were up at a yard the other day and the guy had a horse walker, i have never seen the benefit of one of these before but as I got talking to him and the prospect of 2-3 horses in hard work and a full time job and a husband through the winter we ahve decided that the best thing for us is to get a horse walker.

His was home made but a very professional job, has anyone made their own before?

My dad was a trained electrician so I would have no worries about that aspect of it but would just like to hear a few success stories first!

Nat
x

Puppy

Visit site
DunAndDusted, your siggie is huge!! Its way too deep and takes up half the screen - can you please sort it out?!

courtney

Visit site
it seems normal size to me
confused.gif

Puppy

Visit site
What the pictures AND the ticker AND the CR awards stuff AND the blogspot info. That doesn't seem a bit excessive to you?!
confused.gif

Puppy

Visit site
Maybe, but that doesn't mean they're not incredibly irritating!

The forum is slow enough at the moment without people having siggies which take up half a page.

Perhaps many of those with the giant siggies should stay in the CR where they seem the norm!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Getting back to the original thread!!

Ive no idea how you go about building one for yourself, but i used to work at a NH yard that had a Monarch walker installed and they did a fantastic job!!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
I know nothing of DIY horsewalkers, but having known many it is important to do a proper job.
A decent floor is a must - preferably rubber matting. Have known woodchip/rubber chip floors and they are a nightmare to clean out.
Decent drainage is also a plus - a floor like the above plus flooding and you may as well lead the horses out as to the amount of time it takes to sort the walker out.
Personally I wouldnt have a walker without a roof, DIY or not. Putting horses on in the wet and wind is no fun.
If youngsters are going to be using it full height partitions between the sections are a must - in rubber if possible. With any horse its good to ensure they fit into the framework with no gaps, I know a horse that reared up and came down with its head in between the partition and the outside wall. Horse nearly ripped its head off.
If colts are going to be using it, its a good idea to have these doubled (maybe a 2ft divide between sections).
Some are electrified to stop the horses sitting on them, an alternative is to tie some gorse on the partition.

Puppy

Visit site
Oh for goodness sake! Who said anything about an argument?! I merely asked you to make your siggie smaller - I didn't ask you to get rid of it altogether!! The forum is slow enough!

And you wonder why the CR gets mentioned, with responses like that!
crazy.gif