Horse Whisperer

Nickymac

Visit site
Has anyone else had a reply from Catherine Walker yet? I'd be interested to know what you think if you have. I've just had a reply and I think I need to re-read it a few times before I post it on here!

Mellymoo1

Visit site
I e-mailed her to ask when mine was being done - Think shes been a bit hectic of late!

I e-mailed her two and a half weeks ago and I am number 9 on her list so she said - I'm hoping to get a reply this week.

Nickymac

Visit site
There are some things that are accurate and some that aren't. The first paragraph reads:

Firstly I asked him if there was any pain and he replied, "No I don't have a pain, but I am fed up."

I wrote and posted my cheque to her on 19 September when he was lame, although the photo I sent of him was of him competing when he was obviously sound. I asked for a body scan and didn't give any detail of his lameness, history or anything else that she could "use".

lizsamW

Visit site
Hi

I had Catherine do a reading recently as i am having problems with my mares skin condition.

What came back was confusing. Some things could have applied to any horse other bits sort of made sense. Not totally convinced though. I think that she has a good understanding of horses and very knowlegeable - but does she talk to horses? Not totally convinced.

If anyone is interested will post the reply.

Thanks
Liz

SummerStorm

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh yeh post the reply, always interesting to see what she says about different horses...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that...
smile.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
to be honest, I don't think you could tell much from a photo. I have two friends who are experienced horse whisperers, and thats not hpw they work. They can tell a lot from meeting them though. I'm lucky as they are my friends, but each session has been astonishingly accurate, and the problems have gone when I followed their advice. This person sounds a bit of a con - no offence.

lizsamW

Visit site
<span style="color:blue"> This bit is what i wrote </span>

... Dusty is a 16.2hh 16yr old TB mare who has had awful skin problems every winter for the last 4 years and this will be her 5th winter. She has seen various different vets who cannot make their minds up what the problem is and has been pumped full of various different drugs to no avail. She is so sore and uncomfortable and i feel so useless. I was wondering if maybe you could help us both. I am at my wits end on how to treat her as she soes not respond to either drugs or topical treatments. ...

<span style="color:blue"> This bit is Catherine's reply! </span>

Hello Liz,

Here's what Dusty has to tell us:

"I am not in pain so much as sick of the irritation on my skin. I have a numb patch on my back and it is sore where I rubbed too much at first. <span style="color:blue"> This doesn't make sense to me as she hasn't had the skin condition on her back - well not this year! </span>

There are places that I can't itch at all and these are the worst ones. They have given me the stuff that stops the pain (steroids) but is doesn't make it go away. I can't get better if it is covered over all the time."

<span style="color:blue"> Again she is very itchy and enjoys a scratch but she hasn't had steroids this year! </span>

Dusty's whole body feels tense and rigid. It is like the skin is tense, with lumps and not soft and supple as it should be. I was unable to contact the lady at JKs Lotions, yet I know that she has had some amazing cures with similar types of problems, that did not respond to allopathic treatment. Asking Dusty what she needs, she shows me various herbs that an equine herbalist might tell you if they'll be suitable and what dosage she would need.

Try Hilton Herbs www.hiltonherbs.com as they have a personal advice service

Dusty's choice is
cleavers to detox and help skin
marigold to detox
chamomile as anti-inflammatory
chaste tree for skin
watercress for skin inflammation and sores
agrimony for sores
wormwood for debility
chaste tree for strength

but you would need a herbalist to advise you of which part of the plant, how much and how to administer.

As she is quite distressed by the condition and the continuing problems that it is causing, she would benefit from Bach Flower remedies, given in half an apple with the pips removed.

Olive is for those who are exhausted in body and mind after a long period of strain through a long illness.

The positive potential of Olive is restoration of strength, vitality and interest in life.

Dusty has certainly lost all interest in the things she used to enjoy. Even eating isn't fun any more.

<span style="color:blue"> This was true but she has now started to enjoy her food again! </span>

Scleranthus is for those who are up and down in mood, experiencing extremes of joy/sadness, energy/apathy, optimism/pessimism, laughing/crying.

Dusty changes the way she feels about life from day to day, sunlight and cloud affect the way she feels, so she is very much at the mercy of the weather.

<span style="color:blue"> This bit is true! </span>

Star of Bethlehem is for the after-effects of shock, mental or physical as a result of accidents.

Although ideally taken immediately after the event, it is also excellent for delayed effects which may manifest years after the event in the form of physical symptoms.

It may seem inappropriate in Dusty's case, but something happened to her several years back that seemed to trigger a manifestation of the problems in her skin. I can't get her to find the event and deal with it yet, but she will be able to shortly when she feels that she is about to embark on 'the cure'.

Star of Bethlehem is an important ingredient of the Rescue Remedy. The positive potential of Star of Bethlehem is to neutralise the effects of shock, whether immediate or delayed, thus helping the sufferer to recuperate.

Dr Bach described this remedy as 'the comforter and soother of pains and sorrows'.

Place the following number of drops of your remedies into a 30 ml mixing bottle:

Olive (Olea Europaca) 2 drops
Scleranthus (Scleranthus Annus) 2 drops
Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum unbellatum) 2 drops

Fill the mixing bottle to the neck with mineral water. Give four drops, a minimum of four times a day

She is already beginning to feel more relaxed as she knows that her problems are being addressed with some opportunity to effect a cure. Her despondency and concern for you are the things that are really making her worse. It is like she has just given a big sigh or relief that the end is in sight for her discomfort and stress.

Let me know how you get on and if I can contact Caryn at JKs Lotions, I'll let you know what she says.

Catherine

<span style="color:blue"> There was nothing in there really that anyone who had any knowledge of horses couldn't figure out! I have decided to try another animal communicator and compare the results! </span>

MDJO

Visit site
I had a reading done over 2 months ago and 95% was WRONG and the other 5% good guesswork. I had decided to post my reading below with my comments so you can make up your own minds.
This is the reading.....

When we used to be in the old place, there wasn't a lot of field for a big horse. Here we have plenty of space. I run very fast, but not every day as it would put my back out. I don't stop in time to avoid the gate mud, so sometimes there are people standing there who have a lot to complain about. I get brushed off as soon as the mud is dry. People take longer to get clean. I don't fancy a bath, the hose pipe is fine for me. I can't say I like it, but I stand quieter than the other big horse that stays in my field." Oscar has a playful personality, but also a serious side, which he seems to switch on and off. He takes galloping over fields, ridden, very seriously, but I can't see yet what he is doing, he isn't jumping and he isn't in a race, but he is serious about what he's doing. The view he gives me is odd. It reminds me of those on board cameras, as it is down over the side of his neck. He says he will stop when he gets to the pub!
The ‘old place’ was a 14 acre field that just him and a pony lived out in. There is plenty of space but this was obvious from the picture I sent. He isn’t ridden – has been retired for over 2 years and previous to this, we NEVER went galloping over the fields.

He then wants to apologise for inconsistencies in his behaviour. "I am jolly and happy when we are riding, but I have to stop sometimes if the road is not clear (this seems to mean that he is not clear which way to go, so he starts to nap, he shows me him out without other horses, when he does this (true of most horses I would say). If I am naughty, I am made to go and then it is usually all right, but at first it is strange to be told that I have to. Usually, we have a discussion and then I agree to go on (again fairly true of most horses). There is one road that is scary for horses (this seems to be near a road junction with a nearby farm track and a filed that contains beef cattle. (no cattle within 10 miles - it’s all arable farming in these parts). Oscar seems to prefer going up the farm track than towards the road.) If it is sunny it is not so bad, it is the windy days that are worst (no surprises there) and when it rains the tyres make too much noise, so I prefer not to go on the roads. The worst road things of all are cycles, though *** doesn't like motor bikes (not true) I like motor bikes because they are usually friendly when they go by (friendly = leave plenty of room). Cars usually cut you up if you are a quiet horse."

Oscar is talking a lot about riding out, but doesn't show me anything of his friends or where he lives. When I ask him, he shows me a large field, fairly flat, but although there are other horses there, they seem to come and go and none stay long enough to be his friend. (the herd hasn’t changed in last 18 months) He isn't bothered about newcomers intruding on his routine as there is a large dark bay who seems to sort out the pecking order amongst new additions to the herd. (probably a large dark bay in most herds/fields) He likes a small grey pony, though thinks it is rather cheeky and that you would want to teach it some manners if it were your own. (no small grey ponies on the yard) The pony seems to have one rider that copes with it and several who can't. This seems like a riding school pony, but not as compliant as most riding school ponies would normally be

0scar thinks that he has lots of capability and could turn his hand to most disciplines. He would like to do Le Trec, but thinks that you might get lost or he might not be as agile as required, but the range of activities in Le Trec, he thinks, would suit you, as you soon get bored with doing the same thing. He likes cross-country riding and wants to improve his jumping. He doesn't think he has the lightness to excel at dressage, he also thinks the training is boring as horses don't go on fields and can't jump fences either. He would like to try groundwork on his own, I think he means loose schooling, but isn't sure if he'd be able to get the hang of it and might keep stopping and standing still instead. (again, he hasn’t been ridden for over 2 years and seems to be quite happy in retirement)

"My saddle is fine now. It used to pinch across the shoulders, but the next one I got was very comfy, thank you." (he’s only had one saddle) The saddle he likes looks large and dark brown (err…it’s black) The size might be attributable to a large fluffy dark brown numnah (er…again his numnah’s were black and thin pads) . I like the bridle that we got (I wish I had this much money to spend on bridles and saddles!!!). (looks like a Dr Cooks) but I haven't had it on yet (this would be because he is retired!)

"Plaiting means we are going out (whilst this is true for all horses, oscar has only ever been to one competition that required plaiting) I like going out and I am very well behaved in the lorry (ha ha ha ha ha ha) I don't mind baths but we don't get to have a roll afterwards, which is very annoying as it lets all the wasted (loose) hair out. When I go out in the lorry, I always go with my friend who needs to learn new things that I already know (He’s only ever been to one comp on his own) He gets good marks but I get better ones. I can jump the big fences and he can jump them if they don't fall over. The white boots (brushing boots) are broken (no white brushing boots and no other colours are broken!), I am getting some new ones soon (f’raid not Oscar, being retired and all that)."

Oscar's shoulders are quite free but the off side is slightly in front of the near side. His pelvis is aligned so that his offside hip is behind the near side. He has had a hamstring problem in his off hind leg, so this area gets tense quite often. He likes the sun on it. When being ridden, he tends to fall in on the left rein and is stiff on the right rein. He would like a massage and the chiropractor, if he can't have both, he wants the chiropractor. Then he would like to practice each day doing groundwork exercises to disengage his hind quarters so they don't 'seize up' again (don’t think there is anything major wrong in these areas, possibly some niggles)

Oscar hopes he isn't too demanding as you have a lot of expense and he costs too much already. He seems to think your new car will have to wait if he spends too much money (no new car on the horizon)
The only other thing that I can find that troubles him is a type of facial neuralgia, on the right hand side of his head. it seems to be a tension that can be helped by poll massage and may be relieved by the chiropractor. He likes to be rubbed there (no he doesn’t), but usually forgets to put his head where you can reach it. It is exacerbated by a tight headcollar or bridle, pressing behind his right ear. particularly if there is tension in the rope when leading him obviously there isn’t a bridle and he is led everywhere on the rope-end, as it were)- certainly minimised with the 'smile in the line'

I asked him if there was anything else he would like and I'm afraid all he came up with was 'cheese biscuits'.

Of course, the ‘communicator’ also missed the probably most defining element of Oscar’s life i.e. he is a shiverer.
I do believe that some people can communicate with horses, hence getting the reading done, but this is absolute rubbish!
Please please please take care when spending your money on a service which is intangible.

Nickymac

Visit site
I was a bit sceptical anyway but now that I've read others I think I'm a non-believer! Here's the rest of Hector's reading, just for entertainment value - I sent her a photo of him competing at Hartpury in August:

Firstly I asked him if there was any pain and he replied, "No I don't have a pain, but I am fed up." When I asked why he was fed up, it seems that the competing and training isn't a problem, but the travelling has been causing him to dehydrate. I assume that the warmer than usual weather, has been taking its toll. He also seems reluctant to drink 'strange' water. This seems like tap water and he notices changes in the purification chemicals. The water you have at home seems quite hard and he also drinks spring water, which he likes as it natural. This seems to come from water flowing in his field.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> Most horses will be funny about drinking strange water. Don't ask me where he was drinking spring water from as there isn't even water piped to his field (unless he's been drinking from my bottles of Sainsburys Highland Spring water!)

He tells me his back has been checked and he's 'had his legs pulled'. This looks somewhat like, though not entirely like a Shiatsu move. He adds that the lymphatic drainage is very good as is his circulation.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> Most horses, especially competition horses, will have had their backs checked.

He has had slight front feet problems as the heels were trimmed too short and the heels too long. The new trimmer is a lot better than the one he used to have. Back feet are fine, though he stamps the near hind from time to time. It seems a learned behaviour, due in some way to his being dominant on his off hind.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> He has had front feet problems, but her typo (heels too short and heels too long) doesn't help her case does it. He waves both back legs about when you groom him, but doesn't particularly stamp them.

Again, owing to the dominant off hind, his near shoulder is contracted slightly and his off shoulder freer.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> True, the back lady pointed this out.

His respiratory system is sensitive to dust and there is a lot created when his stables are swept out, he shows me an american barn type arrangement in an old, though not dirty building. Dust needs to be allowed to settle before he is brought in. His nasal passages and sinuses can deal with this and his lungs are not affected by it at present.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> He did have a problem with his respiratory system from crap hay before I moved him, but is fine now......and how many of you have your horses in an American barn?!

He would benefit from herbs in his diet that assisted with liver function, as, if he gets stressed, it hits his liver as well as making him scour.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> Most horses "scour" when they get stressed.

Kidneys are fine when he is at home and stressed when he is away. It may be an idea to take a container of water with you to competitions.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> Ditto above. I always take water to competitions, as I imagine everybody who competes does.

His skeleton is very free and balanced. He carries himself well and you assist him when you ride. He says you do special exercises, they look like Pilates or Alexander Technique and he says you used to do ballet, so you know how to 'be': very centred is his verdict.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> His conformation is such that he carries himself well. As for me doing special exercises, nope, I did a bit of yoga once and have never done ballet, only ice skating but I gave that up when it was either riding lessons or ice skating lessons!

Over all he is a very calm and balanced horse, who 'loves' his work. He would like to improve his dressage, but seems to think that as he is so good across country, this hardly matters :-( and he has improved his show jumping enormously. To Hector having fun outweighs precision every time.

<span style="color:blue"> </span> She could have looked up my results on bdwp. Admittedly he is good cross country and his showjumping has improved, but I doubt he would "like to improve his dressage" as he comes out with his "I hate dressage" face on EVERY time I school him. As for the fun outweighing precision, perhaps he could have told me that before I spent £70 on entries each time!!!

<span style="color:black"> </span> I did want to believe in her but the fact she didn't mention he was lame kinda spoilt it for me.

terrierliz

Visit site
Mine took 4 weeks and here it is!
Here, then, is what Dylan has to say.

<span style="color:blue"> dylan is a 4 year old Welsh D that I have owned for just over a year</span>

First Dylan tells me he has been brave. Accents don't usually accompany horses' talking; Dylan might have a welsh name, but he also has an irish accent. :) The bravery seems to be related to a loss, I think of another horse. He seems unsettled when he recounts this, so I guess it is a loss caused by moving yards.

Dylan isn't too lonely any more and seems to like being in his field. "The sparrows are a nuisance," he says. It seems they eat feed that he could eat that is on the floor. He doesn't mention a friend, but shows me a field companion that looks like a smaller chestnut mare. "My hair is naughty," he implies that he had rubbed his mane in places and it is uneven length. He also seems to have been scratching during the summer as he itched a lot, This seems to be mainly behind his withers, on his back on the offside. He has also had lumps along his nearside.
<span style="color:blue"> I have a small "starvation"paddock outside the stable and there is a bird feeder in the tree. He is very sensitive to the flies and has itched but has worn fly rug all summer. He lives alone
</span> <span style="color:blue"> </span> He seems sluggish and tired, as if he needs a tonic or interest to perk him up! When I ask what he likes doing, it is galloping over fields. He doesn't think he's any good at schooling, but loves jumping, which he says he does well. He never jumps flat, though he has done a few cat leaps over 'scary things'. He sometimes scares and will try to run off if he spooks, snorting when he stops. "I need settling down," is what he says. He will snort at things in the field that he hasn't seen before.
<span style="color:blue"> He doesn't like schooling but we haven't pushed this as he quite immature and still growing, we have jumped a cross pole a few times but nothing more. He is very laid back and doesn't really spook, however he really does snort when he gets excited or meets other horses.
</span> Dylan says, "Tell her that I like her, she doesn't have to worry." Apparently you were very kind to give a home to a horse that no-one wanted. He wants to be a credit to you, but isn't sure where to start. "She hasn't got a lot of strength to deal with a horse as big and strong as me. I think she should get lessons before she starts. There are places to go to learn about horses, and she needs to go to someone kind. I broke the ankle of the man who thought he knew how to fight a horse. I didn't mean to break his bones, but he shouldn't make me frightened when you can be kind and tell me how to be a pleasant friend. Lizzie is clever, so she will find out what to do and then we can be good friends for a very long time."
<span style="color:blue"> I had to pay quite a lot for Dylan (at sales) as a three year old who had only just been backed because so many people wanted to buy him! I'm not that strong physically , I did mention that I would be interested in attending one of her courses - touting for business maybe? Unsure about man with broken bones not that I know of although I do have a very good friend who has helped out with Dylan who is waiting to have major op on ankle following break 18 months ago.
</span> It doesn't seem that Dylan has had very good experiences of people. He seems to have been strong and flighty and the people who have let him down treated him like a naughty horse, not a frightened one. He wants someone to show they have the ability to be a leader he respects, putting him gently back in his place, when he tries to take charge. He hasn't shown me himself in the stable, just in the field. When he shows me a stable, he is trying to push out of the door. He also seems scared of trailers and not too keen on horseboxes. Enclosed spaces are definitely scary to Dylan.
<span style="color:blue">Again very laid back, seems to love his stable - sometimes if grooming when loose he goes and makes a bed and lies down! He isn't in at night yet but comes in for his tea and then has a lie down for an hour so seems pretty relaxed to me. Travelling - I have 3.5t horsebox and he just munches his hay while on the move.
</span> As well as enjoying lazing in the field, Dylan isn't too keen on 'work'. Again associating it with being hit and bullied; strong bits and insensitive riders. He would like to be longreined, so that he can work out the relationship at a safe distance from the handler. He also thinks this will help his stiffness on the offside. He has had a nasty fall at one time and this damaged his off shoulder and hurt his side. He can get his hocks well under him, but not sufficiently to start to track up. When ridden, he has had a rider who was very heavy in their seat, with legs too far forwards, which leaves him a tendency to feel ridden into the ground and heavy on his forehand. On the lunge, he tanks off and charges round and round and this hurts his back as he can't balance, especially when on the left rein.
<span style="color:blue"> Just me that rides him so I had better get booked in for some lessons! He's fine on the lunge. Had his back checked and no problems.
</span> "My feet are feeling much better," he says. Rather than being badly shod, he seems to have had his toes trimmed too short in the past and now they are better. If anything the heels are too long on his back feet and toes too short on the front, but in general, footwise, things are much better than they were.
<span style="color:blue">He has great feet! </span>
His teeth have been a problem when eating, perhaps being undershot at the front. His pelvis is slightly tilted so that his off hip is lower than the near. His tail is more relaxed than it was, as he is under less stress. This is always the first sign that he is troubled, followed by his pinched lower lip.

<span style="color:blue">No problems eating although has recently had wolf tooth removed.
</span>
<span style="color:blue"> Conclusion - didn't really make much sense - could have spent £25 elsewhere
blush.gif
</span>

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
I received my reading back and I can honestly say that it was rubbish. It makes me wonder if I sent the correct photo !!! (I did). Here goes:

Angel tells me that she is not as delightful as she looks, "I'm a bit of a madam at times." The behaviour she shows me appears to be slightly nappy when ridden. It seems much like typical 'I know better than you that we shouldn't be going this way behaviour'. It seems to be taking place on a yard, as opposed to a hack, and may be associated with anxiety over leaving a companion behind. She seems to accept your decision and settle, once you insist. <span style="color:red"> SHE HAS NEVER NAPPED </span>

The companion she shows me that she is leaving, is a smaller more dappled grey horse than herself. If she goes out with a big dark bay, she doesn't seem to be too bothered. Yet she doesn't indicate that her anxiety is from going out without a horse companion, but it is caused by leaving the other horse behind. It seems that Angel considers that she needs to take care of the bay horse too, so if that's her duty for the day, she gets on with that and doesn't bother about the other horse
that she leaves behind, even though he calls to her as she goes. <span style="color:red"> HER COMPANIONS DO NOT INCLUDE A SMALLER GREY OR A BIGGER BAY </span>

Angel thinks that she has learned a lot of new things this year. Her
flatwork is much improved, as is your riding. "The new lady <span style="color:red"> SAME INSTRUCTOR FOR TEN YEARS </span> tells Emma how to do it properly. She sits nicely now, she used to be behind my trot and now she rises up as far as she needs. Emma still has work to do on her sitting trot, her back is a bit stiff and makes me hollow mine. It is not a big problem as we don't do sitting trot all that often <span style="color:red"> I DO SITTING TROT A LOT. </span> these days." I am working on swinging my hindquarters, we are not there yet but Heather has the answer to all my problems." Heather seems to be a reference to Heather Moffat. "We haven't met personally, but she has had a major influence on my life, I can tell you." <span style="color:red"> I'M LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE NOW </span>

"I had a new bit but it isn't as kind as my old one. I need a smaller straighter one that is kind and can't harm the top of my mouth <span style="color:red"> SHE WEARS A MYLER SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED NOT TO HARM TOP OF MOUTH </span> . It would
be better if I didn't have a bit, but it's in the rules." She doesn't like a jointed snaffle that has been uncomfortable if she is pulled forward by the reins. She would like to try a french link snaffle <span style="color:red"> HER OLD BIT </span> , but
a smaller size as the french link makes it wider. Although she says 'straighter one', this is what she shows me, not a 'straight bit'.

"I like the new paintwork <span style="color:red"> NOTHING HAS BEEN PAINTED </span> , it was worth waiting for them to come and do it." I haven't got a clear image of what has been painted, but can see a stocky man, going thin on top, fair curly hair, with bulky arms. "They left the dirty brushes though, that wasn't too clever, but they got on with the job and didn't waste any time."

"We are having a new boy at the yard soon, I hope he is tidy, they
usually are girls or old people, this is a young one and doesn't play
football, but he has a lot of talent with horses. His show ponies did
very well, we'll see how good he is when he arrives. The horse isn't
going in my part, it's going in the barn and it's very big, foreign and
does beautiful dressage." Seems like Angel is expecting a young man
with a new bay warmblood on the yard. Possibly interested in eventing, but
may be focussing on a single discipline first. <span style="color:red"> WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY NEW LIVERIES </span>

"My saddle is fine, I got it off a lady who came to make it especially. <span style="color:red"> SECOND HAND BOUGHT FROM A MAN </span> It has very long stirrup leathers so Emma's legs could go all the way down." <span style="color:red"> I AM A LITTLE OVER 5'2" AND USE CHILDRENS LEATHERS </span> The lady, young slim dark haired, whom he associates with the saddle seems like a chiropractor or physiotherapist, not just a saddle fitter.

"The dentist left a sharp bit on my tooth, but I got it off after he
left." <span style="color:red"> HIGHLY UNLIKELY AS MY EDT COMES EVERY 6 MONTHS </span> There was a rough piece on the back of an incisor on the off side, but it was loose and Angel's tongue pushed it off. "It went with the help of a carrot. I am allowed carrots as long as I behave." There is a big dark bay, who gets too hot with the sugar in carrots particularly, he seems to get apples instead.

"I am very careful when the children are here. You could put a child on
my back and I wouldn't hurt it. They have to be lead as the legs don't
fit down my side." <span style="color:red"> I HAVE NEVER PUT A CHILD ON HER </span> The child seems to be a girl around six.

"I would like Emma to tell me if I can stay, as I hope to be satisfactory as a companion and competitive partner. Will I be moving to Intermediate this coming year <span style="color:red"> I DOUBT IT CONSIDERING WE DID A WALK &amp; TROT TEST AT OUR LAST COMPETITION </span>
blush.gif
. I was hoping to so well after Christmas,
but there is a shortage of competitions round here until spring. Later
on I would like to add the 4ft jumps <span style="color:red"> SHE'S ON HER OWN THEN ! </span> , but not immediately, as I need to be better on the ground first. Emma only rides me, she hasn't got any good books about working from the ground. Perhaps she will get the idea from the (Spanish Riding School), if she watches them training the horses. I think she thinks that a horse is for riding, not for walking behind."

Angel's shoulders feel free across the withers, but can be a little stiff when she first works. She brings her chin to her chest when bringing her head in, instead of stretching from whither to poll. She needs to stretch down more to round her back as it is hollow when she moves loose, not just occasionally when she is ridden, as she said. Once her back lifts, she will track up and look impressive as she is very
elevated and has a big stride and soft footfall. This is probably why she is indicating the benefits of longreining, so she can get her shape right naturally and without the encumbrance of a rider's weight at first.

Angel is definitely very happy to be with you and hopes she can 'settle
in' permanently, as she thinks you can teach her a lot and have a lot
of fun together. Apart from the slight napping, she hasn't mentioned
hacking or turnout at all. It seems she is a 'career girl' at heart and
has little time for frivolous activities like 'chasing cows' as she
puts it <span style="color:red"> I WOULD SAY THE OPPOSITE - SHE LOVES EATING AND SLEEPING </span> .

<span style="color:blue"> You can make your own minds up - I certainly have HB xx </span>

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
LOL Happybird - your comments made me laugh out loud!
crazy.gif
Getting strange looks now!

So it seems we all wasted our money - I asked some further questions - here are
the replies:

Q: I have had Sirena since she was a foal and I am the only one who has ever competed her so what does she mean when she says she has competed before me?

R:SHe says, "... I have been learning to do the flatwork competitions longer than Gill...." When I asked her to expalin, she shows me a young horse. yearling by the look of her tail. practising 'transitions' in the field. This means she started practising 'flatwork' for her competition life long before you did (with her.) <span style="color:red"> yeh righty ho </span>

Q:I am also a little concerned about her eye, there have been no signs of anything wrong - has it always been like this?

R: Certainly, both eyes seem the same today, so it was maybe something very temporary, but as it seemed different from the off side, I thought I should mention it.
<span style="color:red"> how convenient </span>

Q:No signs either of a problem with her nostril - is this cleared now?

R:Seems weather related, colder weather means it's away.
<span style="color:red">what a coincidence</span>
confused.gif

Q:The elbow thing is strange as she has never has an accident to it, the only problem she has ever had is upward fixating patella's in both stifles as a youngster - never caused her a problem since.

R:She says the stifle problem was to do with growing up. <span style="color:red"> Yes I know that </span> This one seems to have been cause d by slipping and hitting it on something, it almost looks like a flat back farm trailer in a field
<span style="color:red"> She has never been in a field with a flat backed trailer in it - what kind of horse owner does she think I am? </span>
blush.gif
<span style="color:red">She still has never had an elbow injury</span>

Q: have to say she flately refuses to eat carrots!

R:To get Sirena to eat carrots, "You should grow your own carrots and harvest them before they get too big, bought carrots are too dry!" Sorry about the fussy eater <span style="color:red">Grow my OWN carrots - I don't think so - btw Sirena is not generally a fussy feeder - she just does not like carrots </span>
smirk.gif

Hmm £25 wasted I feel Dammit JM was right - an easy way to earn money