Horse with bite lumps over face

Pinkvboots

Visit site
One of my horses is getting bitten really badly on his face in previous years I shampoo the face with an insecticide shampoo and it clears up, but it seems to be getting worse and his been rubbing, I did think maybe harvest mites but can't see any and I have to be really careful what I put on his skin as he is allergic to so many things, any ideas what I can try before resorting to ringing the vet .

Britestar

Visit site
I've had this problem too with mine. His face became really swollen and he had open wounds where he rubbed after the bites.

He ended up on AB's and Danilon for a few days to get it under control. He has a fly mask with a nose cover to try and stop the flies getting to them even more.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I've had this problem too with mine. His face became really swollen and he had open wounds where he rubbed after the bites.

He ended up on AB's and Danilon for a few days to get it under control. He has a fly mask with a nose cover to try and stop the flies getting to them even more.

He has a mask on but it made no difference luckily he has no open sores I might go and see if there is anything I can buy tomorrow at the saddlery, flipping things biting are a pain aren't they.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
If your horse isn't sensitive to it I like neem oil. Use it on my sweet itch ponies and it is insecticidal and good for healing and doesn't seem to sting around the eyes like creams with benzyl benzoate do.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
If your horse isn't sensitive to it I like neem oil. Use it on my sweet itch ponies and it is insecticidal and good for healing and doesn't seem to sting around the eyes like creams with benzyl benzoate do.

thank you I will look into this his come in this morning looking much better all the lumps have gone down and there are not any new ones, so I will shampoo it later and see how it goes I think.