Horse with no passport.

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
In May I bought a thoroughbred, on reciept it says 'passport pending' as they had to apply for a duplicate from Weatherbys. I know the old owners quite well and trusted that i'd get it asap. I then moved counties July 1st and still had no passport, I had to travel her with a vets note to say its pending (she came to fill out the passport forms for Weatherbys on old owners behalf). Still no passport arrived, so i rang Weatherbys two weeks later and they hadn't recieved the forms yet.

My mare the became really ill last week and was almost PTS but after a second vets opinion she's still with us and has improved a lot. I have kept old owners informed about it all, but I still haven't got a passport, nor are they responding to my messages.

Where do I stand? It's harder as I was fairly close to the old owners, I worked for them as well as being a friend.

Thanks in advance

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Just fill out the forms yourself, and make an application to Weatherbys.

We were looking at doing that, if there is not other way as Weatherbys request a vets diagram etc, and a vet bill on top of the passport, is quite hefty. (I will do it, don't get me wrong). I just know it is illegal to sell a horse without a passport.

WelshD

Visit site
I just know it is illegal to sell a horse without a passport.

I don't think you can really say that now when you were happy to take the horse without one. If legality matters so much to you then you wouldn't have taken delivery of the horse. I'd just pay for the passport and learn the lesson

the horse being ill is irrelevant to the situation unless you are trying to say that without the passport the bill should not fall to you??

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I kept them updated throughout the whole time through her illness so i kept them in the loop, as they may not have sent the forms off if she was being PTS.