Horsebox article in H&H?

nomini

Visit site
Has anyone read this yet? I am really confused now. Are they saying that if my dad takes me and my horse in our own horsebox to a show and we win some prize money that we are being illegal and need an operators licence for our box? Sorry just really confused
confused.gif

nomini

Visit site
The opening paragraph says this:
[ QUOTE ]
Owners of horseboxes heavier than 3.5 tonnes who win competition prize money but do have an operator's licence for their vehicle run the risk of being fined, having their vehicles impounded, and facing prosecution, according to the Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA).

[/ QUOTE ]
They just seem to want us to pay more and more for the privelege of being allowed to compete legally!
mad.gif

OliveOyl

Visit site
How ridiculous! I won £15 on Sunday which sounds all well and good and everything, until you take in to account it also cost me £15 to enter, so hardly making a living out of it am I?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about this article. I firmly believe that the spokesperson for VOSA is some kind of idiot. I have emailed H&H regarding the article, & I attach same here for you to read if you wish:-

"After reading your article in this weeks H&H I believe you hasve been speaking to a 'Jobs Worth' at VOSA. The only thing correct about what he has said is that it would be for a court to decide the outcome.

The government changed some laws a few years ago regarding car passengers paying towards fuel used on journeys to work. A similar organisation was saying that drivers under these circumstances were 'carrying fare paying passengers' therefore needed either a PSV licence or a Taxi Licence, as they were carrying passengers for hire or reward.

This was seen then as ludicrous & there is little doubt that this will also be found to be ludiocrous. I feel sure there are rather boring insignificant little minded people sitting in offices reading law books to try and find some way a law can be twisted to cause worry/inconvenience/ or concern to normal law abiding citizens.

As an official body they should squash this piece of nonsense and discipline the stupid individual who spoke to the press initially."

It will make no difference to the way I travel or compete & do you really think police will questuion you & then check up at showgrounds to see if you won any class...I think not!!