HorseBox CCTV

JenEventer

New User
Visit site
Hello i am thinking of buying a horse cctv unit from ebay for £125 to keep an eye on my boys when i am taking them to events.

What do people thing of these units? Are they worth it. It is set up so there is a camera on your horse and a screen on the dashboard.

I would like to know what people think.

Thank you

Jen

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
I have on and it is fantastic!!

One time we were tavelling back from patchetts with karens dressage horse, who reared up and got his front feet up on the tack locker, we were able to see the whole thing and act quickly, wouldnt have been the same case without. definatly a good buy.

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I have one and I couldn't live without it now! You will love it (just remember to keep your eye on the road though!).
blush.gif

bellgave

Visit site
There is a special offer on portable CCTV units at Makro at the minute, think they are around £40 reduced from £150!!! You will need a makro card to buy there though.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I had a look at that, but I want it for a trailer and I am not terrbily keen on dangling two cables between car and trailer

Has anyone used a wireless version with a trailer?

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I have my screen on the dashboard in my car. I have two cameras, one as a reversing camera (fixed permanently to the car) and the other in the trailer. When I haven't got the trailer hitched on the cable stays in the trailer and when I am towing, the camera from the trailer plugs in at the back of my car.

It works really well.

JenEventer

New User
Visit site
The problem with the wireless 1s is that you still have to have a power cable unless you want to use a battery. So in my mind if you have to have one cable anyway whats differnece in having two wires.

I have also thought about wireless though and just using batteries. But the current ones on ebay are £300!!!!

I asked that seller about his system etc and he was very helpfull. He said about offering wireless systems for £150 next week. So i think i will wait for him to put them up and then decide which one i think is best.

Also i have wireless internet and it is usless, i wonder if wireless camera is same?

At least with wires you know it will work.

What do you guys think?