Horsebox Conversions (also posted in lounge)

shazza283

Visit site
Hi All

Just after some advice/ previous experiences.

We've just started dipping our toe into the sea of available horsebox converters - it's mammoth and everybody does things different, at waaaaay different prices.

I'm going for a conversion rather than a buy "off the shelf" as we need a v short box - restricted access / woman driver etc etc. ;-) (and I have a bug about safe floors etc)

I am struggling knowing who /what is best - if anybody has bought a conversion or got one done I'd be grateful to hear your experiences. Also how the box has "aged".

I'm particularly interested in companies in the north of England, Yorks, Durham, Cumbria, Northumberland, Lancs - we'd be prepared to travel for the right one.

Thank you for any help you can give me
M

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
What size are you looking for and what do you need in a box i.e. living area??? Depending on your budget i would go for a "new" one rather than a conversion as most builders will build to your specifications.

I had my living done in Darwen by these..

Regent horsebox

They have just started doing 3.5t and 6.5t boxes and will do them on either their own chasis or one provided. They are very good and quite resonable. I can PM pics of the inside should you wish.

Im not sure many people do conversions anymore TBH

birchave0

Visit site
try http://www.kandphorseboxes.co.uk

they are in Seaham, Co Durham
have just started building 3.5 tonne boxes
grin.gif

irishdraught

Visit site
JSW Horseboxes in Nothallerton have always impressed me when I have seen their boxes. I think they are coachbuilt rather than conversions though.

shazza283

Visit site
Thank you peeps - we've been to see quite a few different builders now - JSW are very good - their new boxes are gorgeous - but def not a budget option !! hence the conversion rather than coach build.
shocked.gif
grin.gif

shazza283

Visit site
Thank you Mrs Stinkbomb (love the name !
wink.gif
) and too many horses for your suggestions - I've had a look at both web sites and I'll give them both a ring next week. Cheers M