Horsebox Insurance - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

JessieMac12

New User
Visit site
This has probably been done a million times over but I've recently bought my first horsebox and looking to find out which is the best company to insure with. She's quite an old girl (older than me actually!) but well maintained. I'm currently in the process of getting my C1 so I can drive her on my own so insurance would need to cover a 'learner' until I can stop forcibly dragging my other half out to supervise me.

Heard SEIB are quite good? Any thoughts or suggestions please?

conniegirl

Visit site
Both SEIB and KBIS were brilliant when I had a box.

On a side note has your other half passed the C1 test in his own right and held the license for a minimum of 3 years? those with granny rights are no longer allowed to supervise learners in HGV's

JessieMac12

New User
Visit site
Both SEIB and KBIS were brilliant when I had a box.

On a side note has your other half passed the C1 test in his own right and held the license for a minimum of 3 years? those with granny rights are no longer allowed to supervise learners in HGV's

He's held an HGV and CPC for a good few years as used to transport bloodstock around the country in his previous job.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
As previously mentioned: SEIB or KBIS both v good. I've used both & currently with SEIB.

Neither are 'cheap' but both very proactive. I once had a major claim as box was written off back in the early 90's - SEIB were fabulous all through the claim process. (7.5t written off by an 80 something lady driving back from church in her mini - T boned the cab from the side as she didn't stop at a junction!)