Horsebox insurance?

ecrozier

Visit site
Hello!
Any ideas how much this would cost me on a 5.5tonne 2 horse/3 pony box? Even a ball-park figure would help! I am 24, live in the SE, wouldn't do huge amounts of mileage.
Thanks!

samp

Visit site
Have you obtained your LGV licnece? As anyone passing their test after 1997 can only drive up to a 3.5T, if you have not you will be unable to drive your lorry. I fall in to this problem and my dad or OH has to drive. My lorry is insured with recovery for around £350 and for any driver over 25. You may have probs getting insured as you are 24?

ecrozier

Visit site
Booked in to do it so yes I will have done it by the time I need the insurance....wasn't planning to trade up yet but good deal may have appeared on yard for a lorry! Would hang on to my trailer for now though so I can still get myself about!! (yes, I've done my trailer test..)
£350 isn't bad at all. Will be 25 in the spring...maybe I'd be better not insuring it until then, just declare it SORN and wait for my 25th birtyhday and my test date!

Rambo

Visit site
Depends on the age of the vehicle, but certainly no more than £350 (when you are that magical 25
wink.gif
). I had an old Bedford TK of that size which cost around £250 to insure incl. breakdown cover
shocked.gif

samp

Visit site
I thought I had better warn you as when I was insuring mine no one asked if I had my test. When I said although the lorry is owned by me I can not drive it, it then became more difficult to sort out the insurance.