Horsebox Insurance

ecrozier

Visit site
Any recommendations? Because I am still only 24, they seem quite pricey? Although I am 25 in March...could I take out a policy now then cancel it in march and take out a new one as it will be so much cheaper then?? Know I'd lose the first bit of no claims bonus, but it would be worth it I think!!
Any other ideas?

PS doing my class 2 incase anyone was wondering how I can have a horsebox on post '97 licence!

samp

Visit site
Have you taken your horsebox test though? I could not get mine insured by myself as I could not drive the lorry due to it weighing over 3.5T and dad had to take out the policy

Ferdinase514

Visit site
South Essex have always been the cheapest for me - both for my old 3.5 ton and my 2 X 7.5 ton lorries.

With breakdown and insurance for my Daf it's about £300. By far the cheapest of all the ones I called.

ecrozier

Visit site
I am taking it first week of January, but can drive it until then on my provisional HGV licence as long as I have someone with me who has 3 years experience in driving that class of vehicle! Don't worry, I have checked many times and as long as someone is with me I am fine, even confirmed it with my HGV instructor.
NB to get my provisional HGV had to do medical etc so obviously committed to taking test.
Thanks for advice, my horses are all with SEIB so will go have a look for them.

Tempi

Visit site
im doing my class c test shortly (and my c1) and am our lorry insurance as a named driver. my mum is the main driver. it only increased our insurance by £40 a year which i thought was really good, as im only 23, and 24 next year.

ecrozier

Visit site
Hmmm, thanks, thats not a bad idea actually. Sure my mum wouldn't mind being main driver....not that I will EVER let her behind the wheel of the new box, she scares me in her pretend 4x4!
Out of interest P_G, do you mind me asking how much it is costing you to do your class C? That is the same as I am doing and looking at £1100 all in. Are you doing an intensive course or anything like that? And also have you done your theory yet? Sorry for all questions...don't know many other people our kind of age doing HGV driving as a 'hobby'!!