HORSEBOX INSURANCE.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Just received our annual insurance quote from our insurers and it's gone up to £1300 a year.
This is for a box worth £27k. and recovery is included.
One of the drivers has 9 points (minor speeding..) and other two clean licences, from memory some companies won't touch a driver aged 24, anyone offer suggestions who to try?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Don't know about more complex cases and my lorry is a cheap one but just got my premium down from £550 with NFU to £315 with Shearwater. This was last week.

That includes breakdown recovery inc homestart.

Escada2004

Visit site
Ive got a 12k lorry with breakdown insured for any driver over 25 for just over £300 per year with Anthony D Evans - ive used the breakdown cover once this year on my old lorry and they were very good - yours seems very expensive ??

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I've just had quotes in from Anthony Evans, KBIS & South Essex this week.
S/Essex was £42 expensive than either the other 2 & the excess was far larger (£350, as opposed to £100 with the other 2).
S/E added legal cover to the premium (the other 2 were included) and the windscreen cover was £70 excess whereas the other 2 were £60

KBIS came out the best for me - they were only £17 cheaper than Anthony Evans, so much of a muchness - but their breakdown was more all covering than Antony Evans.
I was insured for years with S/Essex, but it seems they have priced themselfves a little too highly for my needs.
So, I've just gone with KBIS :)

Hope you get yourself sorted :)

Nicnac

Visit site
That sounds excessive at first glance but if you have named drivers with points and anyone under the age of 24 insured on a 27k truck it's actually really cheap!

I stick with SEIB; they may be a few quid more expensive but have always been fab in paying out/responding to break down etc. and pay under £400 for any driver over 25 including full breakdown and legal advice etc. My truck is nowhere near worth 27K tho!

I guess I should shop around, but am worried that another company may not be as professional and prompt in payments as SEIB......(and they have just given me 10% off premium for 2nd horse)

MillionDollar

Visit site
I'm with Anthony Evans, they are always the cheapest by far for me, even though the rest of our insurance, yard, farm, farm vehicles, etc are with NFU. Been with them for the last 4 years.

christine48

Visit site
Just renewed with NFU for a lorry valued at £45.000, With full breakdown recovery for £640.
It came out at the same price as my 4 yr old Golf so when you consider that it isn't too bad.

criso

Visit site
I stuck with NFU last year when the were a little more expensive than the others (£30) as I agree that sometimes it can be worth paying a little extra. But I couldn't justify over £200 more. Anthony Evans were slightly cheaper but in the end went with Shearwater as I got good feedback about them and for breakdown they send separate transport for the horses which was important to me.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone, we would preferably go with AE but they won't touch drivers under 25. By using a broker we have just paid £568 for fully comp plus stabling and transport for three horses if we break down. The age and points of the youngest driver weren't a problem.
It's NFU who we have left, not only has their quote jumped up to silly money but their policies for insuring everything else on the farm has too. By changing we have saved over £2000 a year, not a sum to be sniffed at..

christine48

Visit site
We did consider changing this year but Anthony Evans wouldn't give an on line quote for a lorry valued over 30K. I have to say considering my sister wrapped our lorry around a fence post which cost well over £1000, NFU didn't put the premium up at all.
Maybe it's the 9 points which hiked the quote up.

criso

Visit site
Well I didn't claim at all and am over 30 with a clean driving licence with a basic lorry insured for £6000 and low mileage but that didn't stop NFU putting my premium up from £330 to over £550. The person I spoke to was sympathetic but said insurance had gone up across the board and she couldn't match the quote I'd got.

christine48

Visit site
Well I didn't claim at all and am over 30 with a clean driving licence with a basic lorry insured for £6000 and low mileage but that didn't stop NFU putting my premium up from £330 to over £550. The person I spoke to was sympathetic but said insurance had gone up across the board and she couldn't match the quote I'd got.

Looks like we got a good deal then!! £640 for lorry insured for £45.000'plus full recovery for vehicle & horses.

Polotash

Visit site
Wow, I didn't realise big lorries were so expensive to insure. I pay £210 for mine with KBIS. It's a 3.5 tonne, and I have two named drivers on it, both over 25, one with 3 points and one with none.

Tempi

Visit site
We are with NFU, never had any problems with them and always been the most competitive price wise. Renewed a couple of months ago, was around £360 for 20k lorry. (Both got clean driving licenses though).

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
*Digs up old thread*

Have just been rining round for quotes for my little Renault Master 3.5 tonner thats is arriving tomorrow (Bounce) & so far KBIS are the best, however they are a lot less than other quotes, even when you add the breakdown cover on, so my suspicios little mind is asking is there a catch? Do I need to ask for anything like legal cover or similar extra which will make it shoot up??

:confused::confused::confused:

Cuppa & shortbread for all