Horsebox insurers and breakdown recommendations please!

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
As title. Would be greatful for advice on who to, or not to use please! Going to view a few in the next few days and being positive that one will be coming back with me so be great to be prepared.

Looking at 7.5 so need companies that can cover the bigger ones.

Thank you
:)

VRIN

Visit site
I have been with NFU for several years and also have their breakdown cover. I have always found their service excellent and competitive. I have used the breakdown service twice for something technical and several times for tyres. The service has always been brilliant and on the 2 occasions they worked really hard ti ensure I had a temporary fix which would get me hime.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
KBIS and ERS. I have a massive problem with NFU as they don't do any driver over 25 policies and having come off and not been able to drive home on a weekend day their 'you can call up and add named drivers and have as many as you like' would not have been any use at all to me 😏

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Shearwater who use ERS. Before I was with NFU but as well as being more expensive, didn't have homestart included in their recovery despite using the same company.

I also found the same as Elleskywalker with NFU. A friend wanted to borrow the lorry so I called and had her added to the policy which I was charged for. When she tried it having never driven a 7.5, she decided she didn't feel confident in something that big and I ended up out of pocket. I didn't chase her for it.

TPO

Visit site
I only have a 3.5t but NFU were 5x the proce of everywhere else.

I got my insurance and breakdown cover from Antony Evans

EventingMum

Visit site
I had the most horrendous experience with SEIB which resulted in the pony being in transit for 21 hours, the rescue services couldn't have cared less and I ended up having to get a friend to travel to rescue us. I know they did change their breakdown service provider afterwards but it really put me off them and all they offered when I complained was a small discount off the next years premium. I'm afraid the whole experience put me off using them again.

Boulty

Visit site
Shearwater & ERS. I used them for about 3 years & I certainly got my use out of the ERS membership! Also had a windscreen chip repaired on the insurance policy & all went fine. Consistently found that nobody could beat the renewal they were offering for the combined fully comp any driver & breakdown with ERS as being a broker they shopped around on my behalf

timbobs

Visit site
I had Shearwater and ERS for my 7.5t.

They were great when I needed them for breakdown when I broke down at the petrol station with the horse on board, and were good when my windscreen needed replacing.

They were cheap and anyone over 25 could drive the box too which is always handy!

Nicnac

Visit site
Have been with SEIB for over 20 years. Each time I shop around but can't find the same cover for the price. I have nothing but praise for their breakdown service.

Bernster

Visit site
I went with IHTO initially due to recommendations for their breakdown service, but they didn't cover within 1 mile of the yard, so I switched to KBIS who were slightly cheaper and did offer breakdown at yard coverage. I've used both of them and both provided a good service.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'm insured & have breakdown cover through Anthony Evans Insurance. They are reasonably priced & appear to offer what I want at a reasonable price. I will only know for sure when I need to claim.........touch wood I haven't had to yet!

AFB

Visit site
I have Shearwater for my 3.5 - haven't got breakdown as funds were tight when I took out the policy (spent more on the box that I should have), but will be calling to add it on soon!