Horsebox mirrors

Bangagin

Visit site
My lorry just has bog standard wing mirrors. I know that you can get additional mirrors to aid vision along the sides of the lorry, and I just wondered whether these help at all when joining dual carriageways from very short slip roads. There is one in particular I have to use which is up a hill and on a very slight left hand bend, which makes it almost impossible to see approaching traffic from behind on the nearside carriageway. I hate that "heart in mouth" feeling when having to rely on other cars and lorries to give way or pull out, and wondered if additional mirrors would help at all?

How does everyone else cope in these circumstances? I can't believe how bad some of the slip roads are for lorries!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
You can buy them from DAF and they just bolt on the mirror bar. Something we also added to our last lorry were mirror protectors, pieces of that stainless aluminium stuff with little lines in it, fixed behind the mirrors to protect them from getting broken. They worked a treat on these narrow lanes and we never smashed another afterwards.
Our local box manufacturer made them for us.

mutley75

Visit site
thats because slip roads are designed by car drivers! like motorway service stations. What you are looking for are called wide angled mirrors. As a quick fix you can get stick on ones that fit on glass of existing mirrors, you can get them from most big motorway service stations, depending on truck you can get ones to fit both sides from some where like commercial body fittings or the like, easily fitted by any good mechanic. Hope that helps.

Nosey

Visit site
Like the idea of the mirror protectors...have lost far too many nearside wing mirrors down narrow lanes when ***** come flying round corner in middle of road & you have to bury yourself in a hedge to avoid them! Aaagh...does make me angry!