Horsebox questions - opinions please,

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I'm in the process of looking for a horsebox and was looking at preloved this morning and came across this one.

Is this something worth looking at?
I am looking for something compact but can carry 2 horses and this or something like this fits the bill.
I know nothing about horseboxes and would get a mechanic to check anything I bought out.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032849571/592f0ead.html

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Yes not alot of photos and I would get anything checked out by someone qualified first.
But I was wondering about general things really.
Is that type generally reliable? Are there any known issues?
Is the age going to be problem, will parts be an issue if something breaks down?

Louby

Visit site
Hi,
Im looking at the moment too but Im avoiding older Cargos, mainly because rust can be a big problem. Saying that my mechanic shown me a Daf, think it was a H reg and that was horrendous, holes in the foot well and just breaking as he pushed it, so I suppose it depends on how its been cared for.

Simsar

Visit site
Keep looking their are some good bargins to be had at the moment. PM me if you find another we don't always look in NL.

perfect11s

Visit site
Please don't its automatic! It will cost a fortune to run on fuel.
LOL like your going to do 100s of miles a day in a horse box for a couple of mpg to make a difference but more importantly did you know most big lorrys are now automatic to improve economy and emissions....:D

Happytohack

Visit site
Old Cargos can be rust buckets as the doors & footwells tend to rust out. They can cost a fortune to plate each year. Make sure you take someone with you and check the floor thoroughly. I remember looking at a box years ago, when we lifted the rubber matting in the horse area, there was a very large hole in the floor!