Horsebox satnav

blitznbobs

Visit site
Exciting times are afoot - I went to discuss a build of a new horse box with my preferred builder and when I arrived he had just got in a barely used (the fittings in the living still have the original plastic on them) second hand box with pretty much all the bits I wanted so we put a deposit on it there and then and today I brought her home! So I know it’s been done before but I can’t find the thread - any recommendations for truck Satnav? I’ve looked at the Garmin and the Tom Tom and there are some more generic makes which are much cheaper but I have no experience of. Any thoughts?

luckyoldme

Visit site
Tom Tom professional is perfect if you are worried about weights and height. Had mine 6 months and do at least 2500 k a week with no problems . It links to phone and gives accurate delay info .

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ive had a TomTom in the past and have an built-in sat nav in my car but the one Ive found the best is free Google Maps. Never had any problems with it and it offers different routes, updates with travel info etc. I only tow a trailer though, not sure if you need a sat nav specifically for a lorry that rules out low bridges or something...?

blitznbobs

Visit site
Ive had a TomTom in the past and have an built-in sat nav in my car but the one Ive found the best is free Google Maps. Never had any problems with it and it offers different routes, updates with travel info etc. I only tow a trailer though, not sure if you need a sat nav specifically for a lorry that rules out low bridges or something...?
that's the idea

Bernster

Visit site
I did look at a few, inc those on the older thread. Still just using the google maps app on my phone and it’s been ok but I’m in a 4.5t so not so worried about weights and heights, and I do check out the route for new areas before I set off. I did like the snooper when I had a 7.5t but that was years ago.

tda

Visit site
I don't think there is a reliable ones for horseboxes, I know with a 4.5 ton you have no worries about bridges, over or under, but you are still likely to get sent down a green lane in in a rural area.
Much better to plan you route on Google earth beforehand x

eggs

Visit site
I had an HGV horsebox some years ago and that came with a built in satnav specifically for lorries as it included bridge heights and would do a route to avoid low bridges. Unfortunately I can't remember anything more about it.

VRIN

Visit site
I have the tom tom truck one and its great. You put in the dimensions of your vehicle and max speed so much better routes. I used the car version before and ended up in some tricky places with a truck!!