Horsebox sellers in Devon/Cornwall?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
So the horsebox search continues...

Since my original post we've now upped our budget to around £15,500 in response to seeing a load of questionable boxes around the £10k price point. We've seen a couple of nicer boxes since we upped the budget, however OH still can't shake the feeling we could build better ourselves, so we're potentially toying with the idea of buying something that can get us from A to B this summer whilst we build our own box in the background. Obviously this would mean double the initial outlay, but we could then sell the "summer" box once the dream box is finished so we're not too worried and it would give us the freedom to take our time with the home build rather than rushing so we can get out and about.

Anyway, the point of this post is that we're seeing family down in Cornwall this weekend and are struggling to find boxes to view on the way. Are there any reputable dealers about that way (we'll be coming from Surrey and are happy to stop off enroute if necessary)?

We're looking for a 3.5t, ideally 05 plate or newer with not crazy ridiculous mileage (so upto around the 150k mark I guess)...so basically what everyone else wants! Would also consider older with lower mileage. Will only be carrying M so payload of 1000kg is fine, but if we can get more all the better and goes without saying that we're not remotely fussed on having any living or creature comforts. Must haves are LWB, reinforced bulkhead, aluminum floors and 3/4 height breast bar and definitely no van conversions (I know some of you carry bigger horses in them, but I really don't think they'll work for M sadly). We've seen a couple of Marlboroughs that we really like the look of and would prefer to go with an established brand as we've seen too many cut and shunts from so called "professionals". Although we would be open to a local brand known for turning out decent quality coach builds if anyone knows of anything? Totally appreciate i've picked the worst time of year to horse box hunt and that we're looking for what everyone else wants, but so far we've found word of mouth to be quite handy so thought we'd give it ago and see if it turns up anything interresting.

Leftover easter eggs for anyone that can help :)

Snowfilly

Visit site
Am in Cornwall...friend is horsebox hunting and we are looking at going upcountry to Somerset / Dorset to find a nice 3.5 tha works for her! Not very helpful for you

dixie

Visit site
Also look up South West Horseboxes on Facebook. They quite often have adverts on there.
And I think if you look up Ralph Bailey. They definitely sell trailers, not sure about boxes but worth checking.