Horsebox spinning vent

Boulty

Visit site
Erm random question. Just got my box back from having some work done & one of the things done was installation of what is supposed to be a spinning vent (specifically asked for one of those not just a bog standard roof vent). I’ve been led to believe that it should be spinning in the breeze even when box isn’t moving & it doesn’t seem to be. (The one on my friend’s box put in by same person very obviously does spin even when stationary)

Do they tend to have “on” & “off” settings?

I’m assuming it’s unlikely to be spinning when box in motion if not doing it when box at rest & there is a breeze?

I asked the guy who installed it when I picked it up if I’d have to open & close it or do anything & he said not but I’ll admit I’d not noticed at that point that it doesn’t seem to actually be spinning.

Basically trying to work out if there’s anything I can play with / test myself without making the 2 hr round trip back to the horse box builder.

It does look to be a round one that SHOULD have a fan in (will take a closer look tomorrow when I’ve got box back to yard & can drop ramp as no space where it’s parked at home tonight)

Boulty

Visit site
I’ve fiddled with it today and it was closed on the inside I think so probably why it didn’t look to be spinning from inside & it does look to spin a little if there’s a good breeze but it seems to take more to get it going / it spins less than the one on my friend’s box. I did have it parked next to a wall when I was originally looking at it which may not have helped! Debating squirting some WD40 in its direction and seeing if that makes it spin more as think it is a bit stiff.