Horsebox training Cat C recommendations

Froom2

Visit site
I am taking the plunge and going for my Category C licence so I can get a box and go places!

Can anyone recommend a training company locally? I've read that some caution is required, so I thought I would ask for some suggestions, as it's hard to tell from what Google gives.

Seeing as I am only going to be driving a horsebox, should I try and find somewhere that can offer me specific training around carrying horses in the back? I feel that there ought to be some extra advice around having living creatures aboard compared to crates and boxes :S

ROG

Visit site
I am taking the plunge and going for my Category C licence so I can get a box and go places!

Can anyone recommend a training company locally? I've read that some caution is required, so I thought I would ask for some suggestions, as it's hard to tell from what Google gives.

Seeing as I am only going to be driving a horsebox, should I try and find somewhere that can offer me specific training around carrying horses in the back? I feel that there ought to be some extra advice around having living creatures aboard compared to crates and boxes :S

Locally ... where ?

Froom2

Visit site
I'd like one that can take 2 or 3 horses, and I may be going halves with friends, so it might be C and I figured I may as well just get the full C licence anyway.
Thank you, that's really really helpful! :)

ROG

Visit site
I'd like one that can take 2 or 3 horses, and I may be going halves with friends, so it might be C and I figured I may as well just get the full C licence anyway.
Thank you, that's really really helpful! :)
Any cat C LGV means you will come under the full EU tacho regs

Froom2

Visit site
Interesting, I didn't know that... but on the gov site it looks like anything over 3.5t will need that so that'll be a given no matter what right? I guess my only reservation is if I get my full Cat C rather than just C1, will I feel trained to drive a smaller box if we only end up getting one that's, say 4.5t

ROG

Visit site
Interesting, I didn't know that... but on the gov site it looks like anything over 3.5t will need that so that'll be a given no matter what right? I guess my only reservation is if I get my full Cat C rather than just C1, will I feel trained to drive a smaller box if we only end up getting one that's, say 4.5t

There is an exemption under EU rules for those driving private (non commercial) LGVs under 7.5 tonnes GVW (LGV C1)

Froom2

Visit site
Ah I see. We may end up getting something in that category, I don't know. We'll just have to start looking for lorries and see what suits us :)
Thank you so much for your help!