Horseboxes

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Well my new box arrived last night after a few hairaising moments down the M6 (friend did bloody well to hold it with the winds)

Anyway the living is a bodge job and needs re doing and there are no seatbelts fitted.
mad.gif

First thing to do is get the seatbelts fitted and then sort out the living.

Are there anywebsites especially for horsebox conversion euthusiasts? (im sure there were a few about) and any places where you can purchase the stuff from? (ie flooring, units ect)

Thanks

George

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Thats a good site Rema Thanks..

The horsey bit is in good nick its just the living is a bodge job. The units dont fit and the floor is not put in very well. I also need to finish the carpeting on the sides and change the seats.

rema

Visit site
When my friend had her lorry done she ran out of money after doing the horse bit so she carpeted out the living herself (floors,walls and ceiling to sound proof the cab abit)).She got a heavy duty Cord carpet and cut to shape and evo-stuck it to the walls.It is still going strong after 8 years with no sign of peeling off!!.

She also got her units,fridge,cooker from a caravan shop and got a written off caravan and stripped it out because they are pretty much the same size.
grin.gif

SilverSkye

Visit site
When you say its bodged how badly?? when i bought mine it was horrible inside ( bright nearly flourescent green carpets on floor, luton, walls every where, and brown plastic sink unit and cupbords!!)
OH went to a caravan salvage yard and bought a new sink unit and cupboards boarded out the living walls and insulated and ripped off all the manky carpetting i then bought some fabric and begged my mum to make new seat covers ( which as i am such a great daughter she did!!) then recarpetted and fitted everything and although it wasnt upto the standard of somewhere like foxlea it looked much better and made it completely useable, and it only cost a few hundred quid!
so definately worth doing it yourself if you can. Always wished i took photos of before and after so make sure you do and keep us all posted.

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
I will try and get piccies this affie.

The flooring hasnt been fitted properly (its laminated) the luton hasnt been carpeted and the units look like they've just been shoved in too. There is a sink and cooker though so its not all bad.

dieseldog

Visit site
Did you buy it knowingly in this state or did you pay to have fitted living, if the later I would send it back as they have not done what you paid for. Whereabouts in the country did it come from?

BTW Lorries don't need seat belts.

lisan

pets.webshots.com

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
I got it from Heysham.

I went for another look at it today and its not too bad but could do with some TLC. The cab also needs tidying up as well.

Took the camera with me but the batteries ran out so got some pics on my phone. will try and upload them. (If I can work out how)

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
OK here are some pics from my phone as the camera batteries ran out grrrr

Cab

horsebox3.jpg

Living (luton)

horsebox4.jpg

horsebox5.jpg

horsebox11.jpg

horsebox13.jpg

Badly fitted floor !!!

horsebox6.jpg

horsebit

horsebox2.jpg

Opps got a bit carried away...
shocked.gif

Let me know what you think.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Is it a ford cargo? Any picies of the outside?

See what you mean about the living and the floor!!!!

At least its got the useable bits in the living, I did'nt realise how expensive the small hob and sink combination units are, so keep hold of the ones you have even if you do get new units!

Where did you have to drive it back to? oooohhh, how scary driving back over the Barton bridge in that dreadful weather!!!!!!!

Bet you can't wait for your first trip out!!

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Click here

This is the add.

We had a few scary moments coming down as the winds were really strong on the M6 especially over the bridge.

We definatly need new units but the hob and sink are in quite good nick..

Im in two minds whether to do it up and keep it or sell it on.

Judie

Visit site
NMM - sorry can't help with your original post but just had a look at the add, I'm sure I'm teaching you to suck eggs (as my granny would say!) but please be careful about putting 3 horses on a 6 tonne lorry, especially with living make sure your horse goes up the front of the horse area and not in the space nearest the ramp as you will be overloading the rear axle...

I'll butt out now
blush.gif

bellgave

Visit site
The horse bit looks great!!! You will be able to do it up yourself, honestly, so long as you have some helpful friends!!! as silverskye said, caravan shops are great, as are boating/yacting places. Put either lino or even laminate flooring down. I cant quite remember if its you, but if you live near windsor, I have a pal who has just done a lorry for his parents and knows all the local places to get stuff from!! PM me if you want to know more etc!!

Rambo

Visit site
I have to agree with you TOG. It's tight enough getting two plus tack and drivers / groom into a 7.5t without being overweight, let alone a 6t. Dread to think what the unladen weight of this one would be....probably about 5.5t I should think
blush.gif

Get it down to a weighbridge quickly if I were you, and see what you've got to play with
smile.gif