Horseboxes

XxX_Lizzie_XxX

New User
Visit site
We are looking into buying a horsebox...

but we dont really know much so we were going to get a horsebox mechanic to look it over. I was just wondering if anyone could recomend one. I am in the Surrey area.

http://www.ohto.co.uk/index.html

i was looking at that web page but i am not sure if they are any good.

also could anyone tell me anything about Ivecos. We went to see a 7E15 and it was a lovely new build, but my mum found it difficult to drive as she is quite small, does anyone else have this problem??

thanks Lizzie x

Tufty

Visit site
Merc or volvo are the best cabs then MAN and then iveco so that is the cab side and then you start to look at the box , purpose built are better than conversions but you really have to have some idea of budget and then compromise from there.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I take it you are looking for a 7.5 ton (Non HGV)? The most common ones are Iveco, Daf, Man & Merc. I think you will find that parts will be cheaper for the Daf & Iveco models.

To keep the cost of servicing down always go for one with a tilt cab, that way the engine is easily accessible & thus cheaper to service/work on.

If you go for one that is partitioned for 3 horses & has a fully fitted living you really need to have it weighed because you may find that you will be unable to carry 3 horses without going over weight. Always know the vehicle's unladen weight so you know what you can carry. Many non HGV lorries carrying 3 horses & have fully fitted living will be overwieght & the government are having a crack down on them with heavy fines & endorsements for the drivers. They also will not allow the lorry to continue the journey until the vehicle is down to weight (meaning off loading a horse!).
Good Luck with your search, try the various makes & you'll find acab that will suit you.
smile.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
I just had two vetted (first one failed miserably, second one passed with flying colours!)
We are on a very tight budget but still wanted it checked out, for safety! Plus I don't know one side of an engine from the other! We used the guys who advertises on H&H and Horesdeals etc, Rupert something? I have his number if you want me to PM you? He seemed very professional, very helpful, and when the first one failed gave me lots of advice on what to look for to make sure any other one was worth paying him to look at....must of worked as second one passed!
PM me if you want more info.
Good luck!