horserugs4u.co.uk/STEER CLEAR

taggartgolf

Visit site
I paid £100 on line for a rug and neck cover from this company and have received NOTHING.After several attempts to contact them via email and answer phone I received a message stating that they were running behind and my order would be shipped in 10 working days if I could bear with them.10 working days are up and no sight 'nor sound of any rug.My order status is UNSHIPPED.I urge anyone considering orfdering from this company to refrain as they just don't come up with the goods or answer calls to update you.I am £100 down and have a cold horse and am totally pi**ed off with them.If they don't respond to my latest call I will sue them through county court. Stear Clear...If they are out of stock then they shouldn't have accepted my order and taken payment.Has anyone else any comments to make on this company? (Good or bad) as I am pig sick and feel very dissatisfied.Any comments from you guys????!!!!

Madam_max

Visit site
The problem is with internet based companies, they don't hold stock, so they rely on beig able to get the rugs from the wholesaler. A lot of the time the wholesalers are very unreliable.

Patricksmum

Visit site
They should not have taken payment if the goods are not in stock. We do not take customers money until we have the goods ready to go - it is simply not done.
I suggest you contact your bank for a refund. I hope you paid by credit card as you have more protection this way.
Good luck!

jayvee

Visit site
Yup happened to me with them. many calls and Months later!!!!! ..My rugs did finally arrive, Luckily i ordered winter rugs back in the summer! But it's no excuse I know.

tamsinkb

Visit site
I had a similar problem with them - I got the Trading Standards onto them, (they were already known to TS) and my money was refunded 6 weeks later. I suggest you contact your local trading standards as it is cheaper and less hassle than through the courts

Happytohack

Visit site
Ditto TKB's post. I reported them to Trading Standards last year and also to the credit card company. They are "forward trading" - i.e. taking your money and using it to buy goods and then resell them to you. Report to trading standards and get your money back from the credit card company.

Halfstep

Visit site
Just got my rug after a months wait - and from what I hear I was lucky to get it so fast. My email went unanswered, but finally in the end a phone call seemed to do it. Will never buy from them again.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Funny, I ordered last Sat and recieved on Thursday. I didn't have any problems and got a really good rug, cheap.
Lots of on line companies are having problems with stock. I ordered lots of stuff from Derby House in August and only got my last two items last week, after lots of emails!!!

riotgirl

Visit site
Don't tell me that! I ordered and paid for something 2 weeks ago from Derby House, and it was only after the transaction that they told me it was out of stock. Still waiting for it
frown.gif

clipertyplop

Visit site
email them and say if you dont get a reply or any satisfation within 5 days you will phone the police and report them for fraud they have taken your money

Jiffy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar problem with them - I got the Trading Standards onto them, (they were already known to TS) and my money was refunded 6 weeks later. I suggest you contact your local trading standards as it is cheaper and less hassle than through the courts

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting to know. I might try using this on another supplier!
mad.gif

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
This company sounds thoroughly disreputable. I run an internet company and we carry ALL our goods in stock. Basically, if it's on the website then it is in our stockrooms. On the odd occasion that we do accidentally slip up (and it is rare) we offer the customer an immediate full refund or, if they wish, the chance to wait for us to get them the item, which is usually within a few days.

As Jaylen said, ask your credit card company for a refund if you don't receive this rug very soon.

MANDM

Visit site
Thats a pity as I have used them a couple of times for rugs and I cant complain about price or speed of delivery .
Perhaps I was just lucky.
Is it luck of the draw with some of these companies.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I had the same thing. Got Trading Standards involved in the end and got my money back.

Used to use them a lot but they're a terrible company now. After contacting TS and leaving endless messages and emails with HR4U I finally got a very rude phone call from their Managing Director. What a horrible man. He also emailed me to say I shouldn't be listening to the lies about them that are on internet forums - I did suggest he register on said internet forums to defend himself if none of it was true, have any of you seen horserugs4u registered on here and refuting any of the claims?! Thought not
smirk.gif

I would never use them again.

patchandloopy

Visit site
i ordered a rug from them nad had no problems whatsoever.....i was told that i should have steered clear but all too late i had already ordered and paid.

Maybe i was lucky or maybe not. At the end of the day i had my rug which was the correct size,colour and rug 9 days after ordering which is how long they said it would be.

I WOULD consider using them again.

RobinHood

Visit site
I used them this time last year and couldn't see what all the fuss was about because they were fantastic.

Unfortunately they haven't seen so good this year... I ordered a rug on the 1st of October and despite many emails and messages on their answerphone (they won't answer te phone) I still haven't seen my rug. All I want now is a refund.