Horses are like their owners?

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Just thinking about it the other night and it's amazing how similar Murph and I are (apart from I shave my legs and have considerably less facial hair!). We are both a tad overweight, we are both incrediably loyal when you get to know us but perhaps a bit aloof with strangers. We would both help a friend out of a sticky situation (well he helps me out!) but if you cross us it'll be remembered forever! Both easy going most of the time but have a serious stubborn streak lurking underneath. Both happiest wrapped up warm and outside.

Any of your horses share your personalities?

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
yeah definitely. Caff and I chilled out most of the time, but if something happens that annoys us we both explode. we both are extremely stubborn and like to get our own way - but we're sweet and genuine really.
smile.gif

SSM

Visit site
No we are poles apart - she is so laid back, while I can turn into a neurotic whirlwind in seconds!!!! I don't lose shoes and keep my bed clean at night
crazy.gif

PS We do both rather like food a bit too much!!!!!!!!

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Me and Rock are very alike. Both incredibly low on common sense, both tend to walk into things, trip over and bang our heads alot!! but also both friendly to others but find it very hard to trust, but once we do trust, we will do anything for that person (like our relatinship)

Dogbetty141

Visit site
my horse is a bit like me as we are both mard when it comes to riding out alone i hate it and really freak nyself out sometimes like what was that ooooh even though the roads i ride on are aminly lit up it does get a bit frightening when no ones about like he other night i was like the middle of the night. He also loves his food like me and also is very friendly to friendy people like me will not tolerate sly people he seems to have a sense.

Twiglet

Visit site
Me and mine are both stressheads who don't like others in our personal space, and we're not particularly au fait with authority figures! And neither of us enjoy showing.....

But I'm far cleaner than he is and would never make such a mess of my bedroom as he does.

not_with_it

Visit site
I am so much like my mare. We are both stubborn but we have lots of love to give. We both get on well with other people and love our food. We are both a bit crazy and love playing out, especially in warm weather.

miamibear

Visit site
Definately. Me and Red are both shy but very loyal and loving when you get to know us and when we get to know you.

Hes very caring and looks after me and i think im the same.

Hes slightly overweight and i am too. He loves his food and so do i!

He is lazy when it comes to exercise like me but when he is doing something he likes gives his all - like me!!

Also he doesnt like being on his own - well i do actually so this is where we differ slightly.

xx

EllieBeast

Visit site
Well.......

* We both throw a complete wobbly if we are told what to do, instead of asked!
* We both adore jumping - esp XC!
* We both hate being in confined or crowded spaces (me- shopping, El - stable)
* We can pick up each others moods far too easily.
* We both like food a bit too much.
* We both have a pretty large wardrobe!
tongue.gif

Im sure there are other similarities, but there are definate differances. i like to think im not quite as bossy as she is!
TBH im not sure if its how we naturally are, or the effect or spending 5 years together has?

samp

Visit site
I guess we are quite a like. We both are laid back most the time but when we explode we explode. We can easily loose our confidence. Can both be quite stubborn. Both tease the men but not to excess, get on with almost everyone even if not our cup of tea, neither of us can sit still and are always on the move

katiejaye

Visit site
Lou and I are very similar in many ways. We are both quite resiliant and easy going in our comfort zones and have hi pain threshholds...it takes us both a lot to loose our tempers but if we snap we really lose it!

We both are also quiet worriers. We both get on with what we are told to do but secretly harbour a few unwanted nerves and a lot of self doubt!

We both like our own space and are only giving with the people we trust.

We are both fidgity and need to be constantly occupied...Lou doesn't like to stand still!

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
Me and Polly are alike in some respects. We both hate taking orders and are pretty independant. But Polly is much more agressive about getting her way than I am. She will shove people out of the way or strop and sulk where as I will just go quiet. I sometimes think I could learn a few things from her!

On the other hand, I'm not frightened of hedge monsters, I can concentrate for longer than 12 seconds and I don't flirt with my own gender (?!
blush.gif
) So in those respects we are poles apart LOL

Oh, we both have long legs though
tongue.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
blush.gif
yes. Didnt pick up on it until about three monthes ago when Bekka pointed out that all of my horses were impatient and had a paddy if they didnt get their own way, all of them were stupid, do everything at speed and are gutsy as hell. My personality has even rubbed off onto Willow and Bertie through summer monthes to some extent as well she says!
blush.gif

_OC_

Visit site
God No!!....I don't fart and have much better table manners.....and don't creep round people to get a scratch......or dig up my bed if my meal is not there in flash......or roll about in mud like a hippo and look pleased about it.....No thank God!!!
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
I'd say yes to a degree - we both eat too much, lose weight if we're stressed, enjoy being with our mates and are a bit neurotic.

We're also terribly impatient and get the hump if one of us doesn't do something quickly enough!

I don't however, poo in his stable or eat Haylage (amongst other things).

Enfys

Visit site
The quarter horses are so laid back that I often wonder if they are actually conscious, so no, not like me at all.
The arab and the arab mix are much like me, a little hyper, impatient and don't like hassle and respond better to being asked not told. I get on better with the arabs.

Tia

Visit site
Spotty horse is curious like me.

Oscar is laid-back like me.

Jet is a little dim and subserviant, not like me.

Ezzy is slow and methodical, not like me.

Cloud is bouncy and happy - perfect! She's just like me.

Golden is quiet, not like me.

Jessie is bad-tempered, not like me.

Sureshot is even tempered, like me.

Red is on another planet, I don't think he is like me, but then I'm sure many on here who know me "ooooh so well", would disagree.

Kate is very quiet and subservient, not like me.

Jill is curious and entertaining, bit like me (I think).

Polar is just a big fluffy black ball, not like me.

Enfys

Visit site
Ahhhhhhh, so Polar does fit him then. Good. Slightly odd coincidence because we have called the arab Lola!

Tia

Visit site
Phew! You found a name too
smile.gif
- doesn't it just take it out of you trying to think up these blooming names. I was all spent-up years ago.

I like Polar (suggested by someone else) - he's fluffy and huge but with a twist as he is black, LOL!! Suits my humour.

GTs

Visit site
Stella and Clarita - black, hairy, female weighed 1100 lbs

Me - white, small amount of hair, male, weigh 167 lbs.

NO!

Enfys

Visit site
I wonder if polar bears come in black? I think it's a great name.

Too trying having to find a name that actually SUITS, I think the people who named your Kate and Jill just thought "Right, girls.......two girly names out of the hat please" not very horsey as you said.

I was laughing reading down your list, you have a Red and a Golden, we had a Blue, a Blackie and a Red at our last yard.