Horses around the world

titannik

New User
Visit site

titannik

New User
Visit site
Sorry about that! But thank you very much for answering the survey. I will analyse all the data now so there is no need for more answers. Thank you all for your cooperation!

titannik

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone,

In the first page, I ask about religion and income, let me explain why.

Some religions recommend to abstain from eating some kinds of meat. So if you do not eat one specific meat, does that make you more likely to eat other alternative meats such as horsemeat or not?
Regarding income, it seems to me that people with more money are more likely to be able to afford horses. In countries where horsemeat is a delicacy, people with more money would also be more likely to buy horsemeat (if money was the only factor in those countries affecting horsemeat consumption). There are a lot of factors that are relevant in eating choices and behaviours, and because no one has done such research on horses that I could find, I need to take in as many factors as I can that have been relevant in other species, whether they apply to horses can only be shown by later statistical analysis.

I want to know who eats horsemeat and if possible why. My theory is that people who empathise with horses are less likely to eat horsemeat. However, this need comparisons between countries. In some countries it is common to eat horsemeat, even with people who own and love horses. Is the culture in which we grow up more relevant in our eating decisions than the chosen empathy towards animals that are not humans? This is my research question.

As I am analysing the data now, I am not taking anymore results in. I will remove the link tomorrow (if I can, I am not sure I know how to do it). However, if you have more comments, I am more than glad to discuss the issue more.

Best regards,

Annik