horses by criminal law???

ihatework

Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know any of his offspring personally.
One thing to bear in mind is that any talented horse bred for serious competition is likely to have a bit about them ... it's what makes them special.
Some stallions can get themselves an unfair reputation sometimes, don't forget that the mare has an influence too!!
If you like the sound of the horse then go and see him in the flesh, I wouldn't dismiss him on paper.

As an aside, one of the stallions that I commonly hear of as being difficult/quirky is Catherston Dazzler ... well I met one of his sons last night ... the owner describes him as being the most laid back and kind horse she has ever come accross, and happily puts complete beginners on him!

Beanyowner

Visit site
I've met 2 criminal law offsprings and they were both a bit on the 'quirky' side...but like the person above has said (sorry didn't catch who posted it) anything worth its weight competition wise usually has something of the 'special' about them
wink.gif
grin.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
I have a Criminal mare and she is great, but she is out of a Welsh D mare, has a pop in her and stunning to look at if I say so myself (she is coloured). Only problem I have is that she can be funny with other people to catch, otherwise I have has no problems with her, had her from a yearling, broke her myself and she was a dream, very very intelligent. Quirky may come into it when she is competing, but I like to have that, means they have something about them........

Bossanova

Visit site
We have a baby by a son of his, Weston Justice. They tend to be true athletes but have a bit of a rep for being tricky, although I dont think theyre nasty sorts.

bandit

Visit site
thanks for all the posts.

horse in question has 'criminal law' lines - not directly by him, and i agree with all the above, in that all good horses have something that makes them special. not put off by any of this, and going to see / try it on the w/end. current owner not mentioned anything about her being quirky but friend mentioned something to me about 'them' being quirky.

i'll definatly go and see for myself!!

thanks guys.
Bx

vanessahook

Visit site
I can say from first hand experience that Catherston Dazzler has a quirkiness about him! I used to work at Catherston and had the pleasure of dealing with him on a daily basis! Some days he was really grumpy and other days he liked a good scratch behind the ears and some attention.
He was always polite when i brought him for covering, actually he was the first stallion i held for covering, i was more on edge than he was but he was fine, got off when i told him to (more than you can say for most men!!)
However, i agree its unfair for stallions to get a bad name as the mare provides half the genetic material.
Not many breeding stallions are clam and relaxed all the time, as their lives are pretty stressful.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Someone else started a thread in this forum asking about him??
there are a few good replies in there if you can find it...
I'm riding one for someone else, she's a lovely easy horse in the summer, but is a total bitch in the winter!!!!
She did do a 24 dressage in her first intro tho
smile.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
It was me............posted it on the 14 of this month, not sure how I bump it, perhaps somebody else could do it, and yes some good replies to it.....