Horses by Hill Farmer (sorry)

Heidi1

Visit site
Wanted to know if anybody has a horse by him and if they have had any problems with them. I have a 17.2hh gelding by him who at the age of 8 had to be retired due to Bone Disease in both his front cannon bones.
frown.gif
........any information would be much appreciated. Below is a couple of pictures of him, he is 18 years old.....

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Sorry, I don't know any by Hill Farmer but I just wanted to say....................

Wow, isn't he the spit of his sire?

I saw him when I went to look for a husband for my TB mare and fell in love with HF immediately. He had such beauty and presence but looked a bit of a lad and as my mare could be a bit sharp I plumped for his stable mate the ID Embla George instead.

I am so sorry to hear your lad had to be retired so early. Sorry I can't help in your search for info, but your photo just brought the image of Hill Farmer right back as if it were yesterday not 24 years ago!

jellybaby

Visit site
We had one - it was vile!!!! Had it to event for an owner and it was the most ungenuine horse out there. Moved well, but was as crooked as hell.
Can't remember any leg probs tho.....didn't keep it for very long!
JB xx

Clodagh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the ID Embla George instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, off topic, but our huntsman used to hunt hounds with Embla St George years ago...possibly with the RA??

Heidi1

Visit site
He was the best hunter, but think he is enjoying his retirement with his three ladies, still has his grumpy moments, but love him so much.........still have a cry over the fact that he should be still hunting.........such a shame....