Horses called Pickle/Pickles

hairycob

Visit site
I have been looking in the Picture Gallery & it struck me that all the Pickles I saw were bay with a white blaze & where I could see the legs they had 3 white legs. So does my Pickle & so did a Pickles I saw advertised the other week & another Pickles I know is the same. Is there an unwritten rule that horses can only be called Pickle/Pickles if they have these markings?

PinkFairy

Visit site
lol i dont think so. Maybe just a freaky coincidence? I don't actually know of any horses named Pickles though i know several Crystals and they are a mix of chestnuts, or greys etc! So maybe just pure coincidence unless im missing something
frown.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
lol i think its a coincidence!!!!!!! i know a pony called Pickles, totally bay with not a white marking anywhere (maybe a tiny whorl on the forehead but other than that nothing!!)
wink.gif
smile.gif

interesting thought though
grin.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
oh - bang goes my idea of a conspiricy
frown.gif
imagine if all these strangers were boarding at the same livery and all had horses named pickle and one rider goes to the field to call the horse in and they call come running over teehee
laugh.gif
sorry *lost in the moment* i actually like the name Pickles for a horse

PinkFairy

Visit site
i love the cute names! we have two or three crystals, one grey one chestnut, two harleys, one bay one chestnut, two jacks, one piebald one grey!!

sorona

Visit site
My pickle is bay with 1 small white on his back leg and a few white hairs for a star! Bay seems to be the leading colour though. I have a branston too who is very dark bay with no white!