Horses getting attached...

_jetset_

Visit site
I was just wondering whether anyone had any advice...

My youngster Grace, who I have rebacked and been bringing on has become very attached to my in foal mare. They are stabled next to each other and whenever my in foal mare goes out of the stable Grace starts shouting at the top of her voice!

Hannah is not interested in Grace at all...

Grace has not been out in the field for over 5 weeks because of her mud rash, so this could be something to do with it. I turned her out today and she was brilliant and stood with Hannah but not being clingy as I thought she would be.

I have just been ignoring her when she is shouting, and there is no way I can move them away from each other as the livery yard is full and everyone is settled where they are.

Does anyone have any advice?

Rebecca x

_jetset_

Visit site
smile.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
If all she's doing is shouting I wouldn't worry about it too much. If she starts trying to jump out of the stable, or tries to nap back to the other mare you'll have to deal with those problems as they arise.

_jetset_

Visit site
No, there is nothing like that. She just gets quite stressed out and shouts and shouts, really ear splitting noise!

She is not bothered about being led away from Hannah or anything like that, and she was not bothered being caught and led away from her in the field either.

Zebedee

Visit site
Sounds like she's having a tantrum!!! & the best thing to do with trantrums (in horses & children!) is to ignore them!!!