Pictures Horses' heads sure are hard...!!!!

Lady Jane

Visit site
Looking good - do post pics daily as it should develop nicely over the next few days. This was my face after about a week - it was just a bit swollen the day after. My horse tripped and saved himself and my face hit his neck as it was coming up and I was going down. Took about 6 weeks for the bruise to go completely. Sorry - I guess this isn't meant to be a competitionIMG_2061.JPG!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Looking good - do post pics daily as it should develop nicely over the next few days. This was my face after about a week - it was just a bit swollen the day after. My horse tripped and saved himself and my face hit his neck as it was coming up and I was going down. Took about 6 weeks for the bruise to go completely. Sorry - I guess this isn't meant to be a competitionView attachment 60275!

Yikes...!!!! I bet that hurt a fair bit ???
Nice colours though ?

Lady Jane

Visit site
That looks sore too Lady Jane. :(
It was - I couldn't ride for about a week as the swelling 'wobbled'. The funny thing was if I went in a shop or walked down the street no one would look at me as they probably thought I had been beaten up. But I went to watch my friend at a show and everyone (people I had never met) said 'oooh how do did you do that'. Horsey injuries are fascinating.....

Cloball

Visit site
Youch, I have had similar in an almost identical situation. I had a black eye and a perfect imprint of a head collar buckle on the side of my face.
The blood will track with gravity.

Yes, and it's in a good place for sympathy, was hard to show off the impressive one I got from a boot to the upper thigh.

I don't know, the gynaecologist seemed quite sympathetic to my thigh bruise/ bite once I'd convinced her that foals definitely did have teeth and I wasn't being beaten.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I had something similar happen to me, I was bending down and as I stood up Frankie lunged at another horse. He was was horrified and leapt to the back of his stable and stood there trembling, so I ended up comforting him. i think he'd had harsh treatment in the past.

Not nearly as bad but I had a black eye and was due to fly out to the middle east the following day to visit existing and potential clients. I had to apply make up constantly as the heat melted it off and the sales guy with me though it was hilarious and said they'd wouldn't believe it was a horse and think Frankie was my boyfriend and the more I denied it, the more everyone would think I was covering up.

Annagain

Visit site
It was - I couldn't ride for about a week as the swelling 'wobbled'. The funny thing was if I went in a shop or walked down the street no one would look at me as they probably thought I had been beaten up. But I went to watch my friend at a show and everyone (people I had never met) said 'oooh how do did you do that'. Horsey injuries are fascinating.....

I've had the opposite. I slipped on a wet floor and bashed my face up good and proper. Went to work after a few days off and every single person I knew said "Did you fall off your horse?"

Hope you heal quickly SLH.