Horses in Norfolk

Patricksmum

Visit site
My daughter is at UAE in Norwich & has had to sell her horse to go to Uni.
Does anyone nearby need help wih horses up to 4 days a week in term time?
She has her PC B test & has worked on an Event yard as part of her gap year.
Any suggestions gratefully received!!
cool.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My daughter is at UAE in Norwich & has had to sell her horse to go to Uni.

[/ QUOTE ]
A question because I'm curious - but why do people have to sell their horses when they go to University???

aran

community.webshots.com
i had to sell my pony when i went to Bristol Uni. I couldnt take her with me as i was living in the city and getting out to do her wouldnt have worked with my lectures/practicals/tutorials etc. plus money wise i was totally strapped. i did try her out on loan but that was a disaster so I sold her after christmas in my first year. some people can manage a horse and uni but it usually depends on which uni you go to as to how close you can keep your horse, the type of course your doing and your financial state - these usually go against you at uni

EllieBeast

Visit site
It depends where you go, and your situation. i will have to send my mare on loan (i could never bear to sell her) when i head for uni next year.
I will be living in the middle of manchester with no car
My course runs 9-5 mon-fri so i will not be able to do both my course and horse justice
Money issues! - due to lenghth of course hours, not enough time to earn whats needed to keep the horse
plus more. it will break my heart to leave her at home, but i really do have no choice
frown.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
I went to a local uni and stayed at home so I could keep my horses. Otherwise it would have been far too expensive. Plus my parents don't really do horses so it wouldn't have been fair on them or the horses!

Pilib

Visit site
I do know someone who is looking for someone to muck out a few days a week at their hunting yard. Does your daughter have transport as it is only about 10 miles from Norwich but there is no public transport?

Pilib X