Horses KEEP getting out of field near house!

Dressage_Queen

Visit site
Well!

About 25/30 horses have been dumped near my house in some fields that used to be owned by a riding school that has now closed down and been sold to developers.

I have seen these coloured, young and old horses there for about a month. Some1 I know has been checking on them (incase they didn't have any water!).

The other day I was walking to the yard when I had noticed they had got out into the Rugby pitch next door. As I was looking at these 20 something horses (all coloured!) eating away I noticed that 2 foals (weeks old!) and a mare had got out on to the MAIN road!!

Thank god there was 2 joggers willing to help me put them away!!

I was so angry! So I put them away and fixed the fence as much as I could.

That night I rang the RSPCA. The women that I spoke to was so rude like it was my fault that the horses had been put there!

I was hoping that they would sort it out! THEY HAVEN'T! The horses got out AGAIN the other day so I have been told.

Does any1 have any ideas what I should do? I am just SO worried that 1 will get hit by a car next!

Stuff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well!

About 25/30 horses have been dumped near my house in some fields that used to be owned by a riding school that has now closed down and been sold to developers.

I have seen these coloured, young and old horses there for about a month. Some1 I know has been checking on them (incase they didn't have any water!).

The other day I was walking to the yard when I had noticed they had got out into the Rugby pitch next door. As I was looking at these 20 something horses (all coloured!) eating away I noticed that 2 foals (weeks old!) and a mare had got out on to the MAIN road!!

Thank god there was 2 joggers willing to help me put them away!!

I was so angry! So I put them away and fixed the fence as much as I could.

That night I rang the RSPCA. The women that I spoke to was so rude like it was my fault that the horses had been put there!

I was hoping that they would sort it out! THEY HAVEN'T! The horses got out AGAIN the other day so I have been told.

Does any1 have any ideas what I should do? I am just SO worried that 1 will get hit by a car next!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I winder what the purpose of the RSPCA actually is, there are so many cases where they have failed to act, if a company was run this way, it would shut down.

Dressage_Queen

Visit site
Yeah, I am guessing so. I will take that advice rlm and do that now! Thanks!

I just couldn't cope if 1 of them got hit by a car!

I am just waiting to wake up in the morning and them grassing on my green!

MillionDollar

Visit site
The RSPCA are so rubbish! We phoned them to say that there were 2 yearlings in an absolutely awful state, and asked them to phone us back when they had sorted it. They never phoned back and the yearlings were there for ages.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As one of the previous posters says contact both Police & ILPH & hopefully something will be done. Near to me there are three fields full of coloured ponies with foals, fortunatelt the fencing is pretty good.