Horses killed on motorway

Elsbells

Visit site
So sad.

With all this rain making the ground so soft and covering the grazing, it's not to suprising hear that there been a few escape bids already and sadly as in this case they can end in disaster.

A good idea to check all field fencing me thinks.

RIP horses. Run free.

Last edited:

not_with_it

Visit site
So sad.

With all this rain making the ground so soft and covering the grazing, it's not to suprising hear that there been a few escape bids already and sadly as in this case they can end in disaster.

A good idea to check all field fencing me thinks.

RIP horses. Run free.

These horses never have any grazing! They are stuck in an over crowded field full of ragwort. No wonder they made a bid for freedom. Its cases like this where the owners should be seriously looked at.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Sad though it is, I suspect that the vehicle involved will have fairly substantial damage. I wonder what happens in the case of owners who don't have public liability insurance. :confused: Tough luck on the part of the vehicle owner, presumably the innocent party in this?

Alec.

applecart14

Visit site
Interesting to read about an armed officer putting one of the horses down. Never really thought about it before, wonder if they have to have special training on dealing with that kind of thing.

If you are an armed office you would receive training on how to disarm or shoot a human, but never heard of them shooting a horse before.

Good for them though if the horse was left with terrible agonising injuries in the road before the vet could get on the scene.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Interesting to read about an armed officer putting one of the horses down. Never really thought about it before, wonder if they have to have special training on dealing with that kind of thing.

If you are an armed office you would receive training on how to disarm or shoot a human, but never heard of them shooting a horse before.

Good for them though if the horse was left with terrible agonising injuries in the road before the vet could get on the scene.

An interesting point. Just for the exercise, tomorrow I'll have a word with our local firearms bod, and see if they are given instructions as to the safe and humane destruction of livestock. If I get a response, I'll let you know the outcome.

Alec.