Horses loose in the field

Ash the arab

Visit site
What do you do when a 17.1hh turns their bum on you in the field??

Run?

NO - You scratch it!!!

Went to give Maati a carrot in the field, which she happily took, then she turned her bum on me!! But all she wanted was a scratch, and boy did she enjoy it! She was rocking side to side as i scratched her!
She turned round to say thank you then reversed up for some more!!

rema

Visit site
PMSL.My friends mare will slyly swing her back end to you so you can scratch her booby's.You could be standing against the wall and she will slowly step by step get closer to you untill you are pinned to the wall and have no choice but to scratch her!!.
grin.gif

Puppy

Visit site
LOL! Yes Star does that when she wants a scratching. If she turns her bum on a stranger, then yes they should run. But if she does it to me or mum then it means she wants a scratch!
grin.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
The first time she did it was in the stable.
I was stood chatting to her when she turned her bum on me, i thought she was being moody. After a minute she turned back to me, nudged me, and turned her bum on me again - i got the hint and scratched her bum. Well, her eyes closed, her lips screwed up, she was in heaven!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
My yearling filly does exactly the same thing, she will reverse up to you and wait patiently to have her bottom scratched. I think it must be an inherited thing as when we went to the stud and visited her father he did exactly the same thing to us...

Quite endearing if not a little worrying at first!!! LOL!!

tinker512

Visit site
Sprite did it when she was 2 days old...started backing up to me....all she wanted was an itch...did it ever since then!!

niashadow

Visit site
How about this then, ever since my mare was born she has loved her bum scratched AND cocks her hind leg up to scratch her underneath. Many a time she has ended up in a heap, trying to keep her balance. God she's so still my baby even though she's now 17yrs young.
laugh.gif

JAK

Visit site
Aww, how sweet!
smile.gif

We have a 'Please scratch my bottom!' character at our place too - he is most insistent that you do it & looks quite crestfallen when you stop!
laugh.gif