Horses seemingly dumped in Croydon

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Hi there
Any advice greatfully received. Overnight 3 equines, rather 2 horses/ponies (can't safely judge their height) and a foal of about 2 weeks of age, have appeared on parkland in Croydon. They appear in reasonable shape, and the foal certainly has some cheeckiness about it, but I am not sure the most effective agency to contact. The look like traditional gypsy cob types, one coloured, the mum is black from what I can see and the foal is also coloured.

I can't gain access to them to check any more details at this time, but would hate for them to escape onto the main road that runs alongside the park. Its not fenced safely for livestock and there is certainly no water.

The field has been used previously by travellers who were moved on if that helps provide any context.

Please don't let this thread descend into the rights or wrongs about someones lifestyle choices, I just want some advice to help the ponies.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Contact your local council, Croydon has an animal welfare officer.
They will work to ensure that the animals needs are met; also if it is public land (you said parkland?) then am sure the council will want to move them on anyway once they know.

Otherwise, call the BHS Welfare or WHW, but to be honest I would recco the council as 1st port of call :)

Good luck & hope you get it sorted out.

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Thanks, will let you know how I get on. I am a little concerned that with it being Easter it may not get quite the response it would do if a normal Friday but lets see. At least, at the moment, the weather seems reasonable.