Horses that 'get the knock' when you are late.....

Petalpoos

Visit site
So... I went to get my two in from the field tonight, raining and windy and nasty. I turn up about an hour later than usual so instead of them waiting at the gate as usual, they are standing the other side of the fence, one paddock out. I call to them for 10 mins whilst opening the stables and getting feeds out and headcollars etc. and eventually I have to walk halfway across the field in the dark (as I did not have all night to play games) before they finally deign to come over.

I know this may be a bad case of me anthropomorphising my nags, but I swear they only do this when I have 'annoyed' them by being late. Is this just me or do other people have horses who do something similar? :D

StormyMoments

Visit site
mine do the same except they stand at the gate until im about 10 yards away and then they take off bucking and squealing and then they will stand up in the back corner snorting... only if im late... unfortunately this is becoming a more regular occurrence :eek:

whizzer

Visit site
I rushed down at 6pm tonight, worrying they'd be desperate to get in as wind was getting up, rain starting & everything else was tucked up in it's cosy stable. Nope, my horse & his girlfriends were in the farthest corner of their massive( uphill!) field! Dragged mine in, faffed with him for a bit hoping the girls would've come down the field. They'd managed to get halfway down so I still had to go & fetch them!

FionaM12

Visit site
I was late tonight. Mollie is usually the first in from her field but was last tonight. it was dark and windy. She wasn't really alone as there were horses the other side of the fence, but all the same she went a bit loony. :rolleyes:

She galloped round her field like a mad thing, setting the ones in the next field off and causing chaos for the girls trying to bring those horses in. Mollie came to me but nearly dragged me off my feet in the mud, dancing round like a two year old all the way to her stable.

Point taken Mollie. I'll try not to be late again. :eek::eek:

littlescallywag

Visit site
My little one gets the hump if he's not brought in before big boy, bites his bum on the way past and sulks all the way up the path, only hay appeases him :)