Horses Who Have Come and Gone

kbsaff

Visit site
I'm having a pensive moment reflecting on the horses that I have owned and who have had an impact on my life and my riding career. Although I no longer own them, I feel I have learnt something from each one. I just wanted to pay tribute to them really...

Tilsdale Top Gun (Tilly) - 1 ton of Grey Irish Draught X with the biggest ears I've ever seen! What did she teach me? If something that big, with that much determination wants to go somewhere, if you're holding on, you're going there too! Lesson? Let go, for Christ's sake Let go!

Yogi Bear - One big hairy mass of Hackney X - Quite honestly the most genuine and sensitive horse I have ever had the delight of knowing. What did he teach me? That the more I loved him, the more he gave.

Beaufort Honeycomb (Emmah) - A spotty little moo with the attitude to match. Taught me two things, A) how to stay on whether it looks pretty or not & B) Don't mess with a Mare on a bad day!

I've not managed to stay in contact with any of these guys, but if they sound familiar I'd love to know how they're getting on. Please feel free to get in contact.

If not, then food for thought...What horses have you owned that you have learnt something valuable from?

suzi

Visit site
Chester - 13.1hh of Chestnut stubborness when he wanted, an amazizngly talented pony when he felt like it. Could jump 3ft 6 at home one day then refuse every fence on the 2ft 3 xc course the next!!! Taught me to ride, be persistent and sit sit a buck (or several!!)

Murphy - 14.2hh connemara. Hopeless conformation, poor lungs but a massive heart. Tried so hard to please and gave me so much confidence. Also made me realise how lucky I was even though in some people's eyes he was a poor comparison to my peers 'posh pony club horses'. A true gentleman.

Sadly neither are with us now :(.