Horses won’t eat their new hay!

catembi

Visit site
I have just bought the most gorgeous batch of meadow hay which smells amazing and I could happily eat myself! Looks like I might have to eat it myself as none of mine will touch it! Not even the Shetland! Don’t know what to do!

Auslander

Visit site
Law of sod. Every time I've had a load delivered that I think is gorgeous, the horses turn their noses up at it!
My hayman will exchange for a load from a different field if they really won't eat it.

catembi

Visit site
Yeah, it's exactly that. Whenever I've had a load where I think, meh, that's not great, they love it & this stuff looks like textbook hay and they are all looking into the house & neighing at me when they've got full nets. The Shetland would probably happily eat the other two if they would stand stlil long enough, but she won't eat the hay.

I am not worried about the ponies as they are far from thin, but I *am* worried about my QH.

I have two bales of haylage as I got some while waiting for the hay, & I might have to cave...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It's so rare that mine wouldn't that I always trusted his judgement even if it seemed fine! I'd probably do the same for most natives!